Mike Vardy's Reviews > Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World

Deep Work by Cal Newport

Deep Work is an incredibly well researched and insightful book. Cal Newport has upped his game as an author — which is no small feat considering his past work has been phenomenal – with this latest effort.

The practical insights and thought that has gone into this book is well worth your time and energy. Newport has painstakingly crafted a tremendous arguments that proposes we spend more time on work that has greater impact in our lives (and the lives of others) and he also offers some tactical ways to make that happen.

As expected, this is a deep read. It's not something that you can just cruise through in one sitting. It requires a lot of thought and mindfulness — it took me almost a month to get through it – but it was well worth the time spent.

I highly recommend Deep Work. It's a monumental book that will really help change the way people work...and live.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deep Work.

December 9, 2015 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
December 9, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
December 9, 2015 – Shelved as: digital-library (Paperback Edition)
January 2, 2016 – Started Reading
page 198
January 28, 2016 –
page 223
January 30, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Anabelle Bernard Fournier I will have to read through it a second time for sure.