Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > Murder on the Orient Express

Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

bookshelves: own, mystery-thriller-etc

Wahoo! I'm finally going to read a Poirot book! I have the complete blu-ray box set and love this series so much! And now I get start on one of the books! =)

The wonderful Hercule Poirot can not ever go on any holidays without someone being murdered. But, never-the-less he will figure it out.

And a murder has taken place upon the Orient Express.

The man murdered in named Ratchett, but we find out later on in the story this is an alias. Poirot has simply uncovered that the murderer is on the train - not escaped out the window into the snow they are trapped in as the murderer would want us to believe.

Poirot interviews all of the passengers, makes a list and the little grey cells start to formulate.

Ten Questions

On the paper was written:
Things needing explanation

1. The handkerchief marked with the initial H. Whose is it?
2. The pipe cleaner. Was it dropped by Colonel Arbuthnot? Or by someone else?
3. Who wore the scarlet kimono?
4. Who was the man or woman masquerading in Wagon Lit uniform?
5. Why do the hands of the watch point to 1:15?
6. Was the murder committed at that time?
7. Was it earlier?
8. Was it later?
9. Can we be sure that Ratchett was stabbed by more than one person?
10. What other explanation of his wounds can there be?

Now, I have already seen all of the shows and movies so I know what happened and I think the ending is bloody brilliant! I'm not going to give out the spoiler to those that have not read this yet, but I think it's the perfect murder and I loved the outcome. And I was so proud and happy with Poirot's conclusion. You will just have to read the book or watch the show to find out why I say that, brilliant!

"Then," said Poirot, "having placed my solution before you, I have the honour to retire from the case . . . "

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder on the Orient Express.

January 1, 2016 – Shelved
page 34
August 8, 2016 –
page 34
August 8, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)

message 1: by Bark (new)

Bark Have fun!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I just finished and about to review. :-). I just love Poirot ❤

message 3: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Angeli Enjoy, Melissa! <3

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin Clemence Glad you enjoyed the book, Melissa! Christie is a powerhouse! This is one of the good ones!

Supratim One of the best Poirot novels. Have you read And Then There Were None? It's not a Poirot novel but Agatha Christie's masterpiece. :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Pearl wrote: "Enjoy, Melissa! <3"

I did sweet Pearl :-) ♥

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Erin wrote: "Glad you enjoyed the book, Melissa! Christie is a powerhouse! This is one of the good ones!"

Thank you, Erin! I love Poirot so much and I really wanted to start reading the books he's in and this is the one I started with first. I could picture David Suchet through the whole book :-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Supratim wrote: "One of the best Poirot novels. Have you read And Then There Were None? It's not a Poirot novel but Agatha Christie's masterpiece. :)"

This is the first book I have read with Poirot. I have watched all of the series and movies. And I wanted to start on the books :-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you sweet pea :-D

message 10: by Councillor (new) - added it

Councillor Awesome review, Melissa! I have already read some Agatha Christie books, but never one with Poirot as a protagonist. I really need to change that! :D

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you hon :-) OMG! I love Poirot! I fell in love with the show and then I was like, why not read the books :-) It's so cool because I can image David Suchet (Poirot) in the book. I'm going to have to watch some Poirot soon now that I have read this book, it made me want to watch some episodes! :-) You should watch the show too!

message 12: by John (new)

John I should try a Poirot audiobook...

message 13: by Councillor (new) - added it

Councillor Melissa wrote: "Thank you hon :-) OMG! I love Poirot! I fell in love with the show and then I was like, why not read the books :-) It's so cool because I can image David Suchet (Poirot) in the book. I'm going to h..."

I'll definitely do that! My local library has a whole bunch of Christie novels, they will surely have one or two Poirot books among them :)

Alejandro Wahoo! Awesome review, Melissa! ;)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin John wrote: "I should try a Poirot audiobook..."

You should! :-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Councillor wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Thank you hon :-) OMG! I love Poirot! I fell in love with the show and then I was like, why not read the books :-) It's so cool because I can image David Suchet (Poirot) in the book..."

I can't wait :-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Alejandro wrote: "Wahoo! Awesome review, Melissa! ;)"

PorshaJo Nice review! Read this some time ago but always enjoyed the movie. I just ordered this one from my library to listen via audio as a "re-read".

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you hon! Do you know who the narrator is? I would just keel over if it was David Suchet. I would beg my library to get it!

PorshaJo Melissa wrote: "Thank you hon! Do you know who the narrator is? I would just keel over if it was David Suchet. I would beg my library to get it!"

I don't recall but I will look it up and let you know. Working off another device now that doesn't have access. Also, another good Poirot is Death on the Nile.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I pretty much love them all, well the tv series. I'm sure I will love the books just as much. Eeep :-) ♥

I checked and the narrator is Dan Stevens. They do have a few Christie audios by David Suchet, which I will have to check out.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Omg! I will have to see if they have those at the library. :-D

Renata I love this mystery and have read it quite a few times. This and Death on the Nile are two of my favorites, but I love her mysteries. They are a comfort food!

message 25: by Britney (new)

Britney I tried to read Agatha Christie a couple of years ago but couldn't get into her, maybe I should try Pino

Sushi yessss! :D You have me craving for some good Christie book now Melissa!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Renata wrote: "I love this mystery and have read it quite a few times. This and Death on the Nile are two of my favorites, but I love her mysteries. They are a comfort food!"

I'm so glad you enjoy them :-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Britney wrote: "I tried to read Agatha Christie a couple of years ago but couldn't get into her, maybe I should try Pino"

Poirot rocks. I love the show the best :-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Sushi wrote: "yessss! :D You have me craving for some good Christie book now Melissa!!"

I am to please and cause peer pressure :-D

message 30: by Blue (new)

Blue I love Poirot, the detective.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Yay! I love him too :-)

message 32: by Eilonwy (new)

Eilonwy The only think I remembered from this book was the "H" initial. Thanks for a great review that brings the whole story back in the best way!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you hon :-) I probably would never have thought to read the books if I didn't love the television series of Poirot so much :-)

Andrew I've see the movie so many times that I can't believe I haven't yet read this.

message 35: by Masooma (new)

Masooma awesome review, Melissa:)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Andrew wrote: "I've see the movie so many times that I can't believe I haven't yet read this."

You have to read it :-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Masooma wrote: "awesome review, Melissa:)"

message 38: by Candace (new)

Candace Great review, Melissa! :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you sweet, Candace :-)

message 40: by *eKa* (new) - added it

*eKa* I love the pictures <33333333333333333

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you hon :-) me too ❤

GilliansCafe I'm so jealous!!! I'd love the box set!!!

Mackey You make me want to read it again Melissa!!

Mackey LOL - Yes, I should. Except that I have a to-read list that will not stop growing!!! I used to think I was a fast reader until I came to Goodreads and that list got so out of control. ;) But Christie is always at the top of my re-read list.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I know exactly what you mean. I do hope to add some more re-reads so I can finish a trilogy or just read through some of my favs. It's hard when I have so many to read!

Mackey ....But we love it, don't we? ;)

message 50: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Great review Melissa, good old Hercule Poirot!

« previous 1