Anna's Reviews > Untitled

Untitled by Kami Garcia

bookshelves: to-read, books-i-give-up-on

Update: I'm officially giving up and decided that since I now barely remember what was going on in book 2 that I just don't care. I won't read anymore from her though because you never know when she'll just leave a series unfinished.

Ok so probably not going to come out at this point. Can't believe a professional such as Kami Garcia just gave up on book 3. It's been over a year since the last one and absolutely nothing on the third. My lesson to learn: do not start series until all books are published!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Untitled.

January 1, 2016 – Shelved
January 1, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
January 1, 2016 – Shelved as: books-i-give-up-on

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)

Aynslee Good note

message 2: by Lupe (new) - added it

Lupe I think she's going back to the Caster story line. Margaret Stohl abandoned us after the 2nd Icons book too.

Dr.Mandi Fessler I'm so upset about this too!!! It was such an amazing series why would someone do this!?

message 4: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna And left on a cliffhanger too...

message 5: by Lacey (new) - added it

Lacey I know I love this book

message 6: by Mercedes (new) - added it

Mercedes Fernandez I've been wondering the same thing

message 7: by Mercedes (new) - added it

Mercedes Fernandez So she says that she is working on some other project first because she's contracted. Says that she's definitely planning on finishing This series tho.

message 8: by Hodan (new)

Hodan Mousa loooool i always do that if i see an uncomplete story i put it in my to-read list and wait till its done

Alli Ughhhhhhh finish it already

MiraJane Am I the only one who is upset with kami Garcia? I find it very unprofessional to just leave her fans hanging. I mean, sure, if she wants to work on some other project first then that's up to her, but at least give a date or some sort conformation that she will continue with the series. Kind of get the feeling that she doesn't care that much about her readers. Seems to be more about money at this point, which is ironic since we are the reason she can do this for a living. You can't even get in contact with her. Ive tried and some other person working for her answered instead. Way to show appreciation and devotion to your fans Kami!

message 11: by Alli (new) - rated it 2 stars

Alli Agree 100%. Now going through the same thing with kresley cole and her arcana series. Ugh. So disappointing.

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Wallace I wish book 3 would come out soon. I love this series.

message 13: by Kami (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kami Garcia I had no idea this thread was here, not now that I do I wanted to answer some if your questions. I'm so sorry you had to wait so long for answers. I've written about the reasons why I have't written The Legion: Book 3 on my Facebook page, Instagram, blog & Twitter so I thought fans of the series would see my answers there.

I did not stop writing The Legion series because I just wanted to work on something else. I LOVE that series SO much, you guys. It's literally my favorite works to write in -- and as a former teacher and a series reader myself it kills me that I haven't had a chance to get it out there for you.

But the publisher of that series did not buy the 3rd book. I changed publishers, but I would still write Book 3 in The Legion series if my previous publisher wanted to buy it. But they don't. And, unfortunately, I'm not in the financial posotion to take time off to write that book. Or I would. But my family needs both my husband's income and my income from writing to pay our bills. I have kids so that has to come first. I have been trying to figure out how to make time to write Book 3. I would happily self-pub it to get it out there for you. But first I have to write it. And I'm a slow writer. Some of you wrote so much faster than me. I suffer from anxiety, depression, and ADHD and the combo of the three slows me down. And I can't type.

I will write Book 3 as soon as I can. I hate that I can't write faster and I hate the situation so much that I decided that next time I wrote an urban fantasy/paranormal I'm going to write is as a duology so I know for SURE that I can finish the series. I sell 2 books at a time so if I wrote a duology the publisher would have to buy both books. I hope you will understand and know that Im not just bailing on that series. I'm going to find a way to do the final book. ♥️

message 14: by Tiffani (new) - added it

Tiffani Cappello Wow I just finished book 2 couldn't put it down and just now finding out there's no 3rd book :(

message 15: by Lizzie (new) - added it

Lizzie I am willing to wait for however long it takes to get book 3.

message 16: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate Mack I absolutely love this series!! I will wait as long as it takes for the third book!! And I don’t think she’s being unprofessional at all. She needs to provide for her family and that always comes firs. I just want her to keep up the third good work and try and get that third book published as soon as possible. good job Kami Garcia! You’re a loved author! And you inspire me to try and write a book myself. Of course I would probably never become as much of a grate writer as Kami.

message 17: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Taft Super disappointed. Though I understand her reasons I don't think that I will read anything else from her at this point. There is nothing that I hate more than being left hanging. I am with Anna, no more starting a series without it being finished.

Golden i dont care you're books are still amazing but family first I understand.

message 19: by Laurie (new) - added it

Laurie Kami wrote: "I had no idea this thread was here, not now that I do I wanted to answer some if your questions. I'm so sorry you had to wait so long for answers. I've written about the reasons why I have't writte..."
I absolutely love the books but I also perfectly understand these problems, so if I want to hate on someone, I promise I'll hate on the publisher. You did a good job dumping him. :)
Also, if you'd ever need any help with whatever it is, I'm sure a lot of fans/aspirant writers (including myself) would be willing to help you out. I love your books and I love you, if it weren't because of the books than still because you're part of the SPN fandom and a fan of Linkin Park. AKF for books ;)

message 20: by Jill (new) - added it

Jill Forker These posts all seemed fairly old. Are there any updates in 2018 as to whether there will be a third book coming?

message 21: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna I'm a little late to the Kami response. This is my only form of social media. I understand the family situation and you must do what you need to for them. So the publisher needs my complaints? Awesome. Tell me who? How dare they stop a great series!!!

message 22: by Bradford (new)

Bradford Sanders I am a little late in seeing this as well but I had picked up book 2 at a book sale and already sped through book 1. So I am just starting book 2 as well. Kami I appreciate your openness about your family situation! I will wait as long as it takes to see book 3 as well. As a parent myself I totally understand having to make those sacrifices to do what we have to do to take care of the family! Heck even if you did the Kindle self publishing and hold off on physical books as much as I love physical books I know many people would buy the Kindle copy! Maybe give it a slow grind by writing small parts here and there when you have ( I know this is a rare thing as a parent) spare time between family and writing projects that pay now. Whatever the case your readership supports you 😊

message 23: by Karlee (new) - added it

Karlee Kami wrote: "I had no idea this thread was here, not now that I do I wanted to answer some if your questions. I'm so sorry you had to wait so long for answers. I've written about the reasons why I have't writte..."

I will wait for the next book!

message 24: by Christina (new) - added it

Christina Helms Im still waiting for book 3 so I just reread the first 2 every once in a while to get my fix lol ill wait forever for book 3. Maybe start a go fund me? Im sure enough fans of the series would donate to see it finished.

message 25: by Heather (new)

Heather So glad I finally found this post about book 3. As a writer with depression and anxiety and managing two children on the spectrum, I completely get where Ms. Garcia's coming from. Being a slow writer, while my minds going a million-words-a-minute, I get it!!
I'll wait and keep an eye out.
Love your work Ms. Garcia -- don't stop :D