Sonja ✧ Badass Wanderer ✧'s Reviews > Boy Meets Boy

Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan

⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 / 5
With every fold, I am giving him seconds of my life. With every flower, part of a minute. {...} Every minute, every crease is a message from me.
Boy Meets Boy is a great way to start my 2016 reading year. It has its funny and light; serious and somber; confused and crazy moments. Essentially, it's a feel-good book. It lifted my mood and gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.
description
Boy Meets Boy is a wonderful story about Paul. Paul is gay and he's known that since he was five. Of course, before that time he was gay as well, but back then he didn't know the word "gay" yet. In short, the story is about Paul meeting a boy—a wonderful boy—and everything that happens from that moment onwards.
He kisses me back with a kiss like a smile.
David Levithan is absolutely brilliant. Boy Meets Boy is written beautifully. From the very first page I was hooked. He has a very poetic way of writing yet it's also very simplistic. I love it! I am addicted. I am definitely buying and reading more David Levithan books in 2016!

I'd be lying to myself if I didn't admit that the story is a tad cliché, and perhaps predictable. However, those facts did not lessen my experience. I love Boy Meets Boy! It's very relatable.
"The world loves stupid labels. I wish we got to choose our own."
I've always had a problem with labels. I hate labelling people in certain groups and pretending like that's all they are. Labels do not define us. We define labels.

For a long, long time I was trying to find a way to define/label my sexual orientation. Eventually, I just realised that for me, personally, a possible partner's biological sex, gender, gender identity don't really matter. I identify as pansexual (dictionary definition: not limited in sexual choice with regard to biological sex, gender, or gender identity). When I first discovered the word "pansexual" it just felt right, upon doing further research and watching LGTBQ+ videos on YouTube all the puzzle pieces fell into place.

Boy Meets Boy is a very important book. It's open and not afraid to portray "different" people. I am certain I'll keep coming back to this book as I grow older. I recommend Boy Meets Boy to people who'd like to read a story about love, friendship, family and LGTBQ+. Also, to people who want to read a fantastically written feel-good story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boy Meets Boy.

January 1, 2016 – Started Reading
January 1, 2016 – Shelved
January 1, 2016 –
page 70
32.11% "I know people always talk about living in the middle of nowhere—there's always another place (some city, some foreign country) they'd rather be. But it's moments like this that I feel like I live in the middle of somewhere. My somewhere. "
January 1, 2016 – Shelved as: awesomesauce
January 1, 2016 – Shelved as: own
January 1, 2016 – Shelved as: romance
January 1, 2016 – Shelved as: young-adult
January 1, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Nenia ⭐ Literary Garbage Can ⭐ Campbell This was an interesting read. Glad you enjoyed it. :)