Shelece's Reviews > The Fox Woman

Feb 17, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: chick-lit, fantasy
Read from February 17 to 18, 2011

This book was not for me.

The author is very talented. She has a beautiful poetic quality to her words, fitting for a fairy tale. You can tell she has done a lot of research to capture this historical period accurately, as well as the life of a fox.

However, to me the plot loses strength as it goes along. I stopped reading about halfway through and skimmed the rest. The romance was not believable to me, and less enjoyable because the male love interest is married. I didn't buy the idea of a fox falling for a human-I needed more explanation for how and why she fell in love. It seemed too sudden to me.

Warnings, if you do decide to read: there are some sex scenes present here which I had to skip over, a bit graphic. This includes a couple scenes of sex between animals-incest/rape between animals, in fact. Yuck. Sex is viewed very casually by the main male character-he thinks nothing of sleeping around with other women, girls, and boys outside of his marriage. If you are a conservative person like me, this will put a serious damper on the story for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fox Woman.