FantasyLiving's Reviews > Betrayal By Treaty

Betrayal By Treaty by Kayla Stonor

31200184
*I received a free copy from the author, through the BDSM Group TPE bar, in exchange for an honest review*

Full disclosure, I have not read any of the previous Qui Treaty books, but I can tell you now, I will.
I've only really discovered that Sci-Fi books can be just as interesting as Contemporary (I know, I know, but I didn't know... I swear). This is a fully developed plot line, with interesting 3-dimensional characters, complete with personality and opinions.

Jaden has pledged himself as the Qui's tribute, and is now completely owned by the Qui Empress. They are in love, and as a human, this is the best he can do to stay near Surashan's side.

This is where I need to go back and read the first 5 books of the series. There has been some trust broken, some betrayal by Jaden that would have enhanced this story if I knew what it was. That being said, it was clear enough, and not in an info dump 'previously on Qui Treaty' way, a concise, smoothly inserted bite here and there to reveal the entire picture, so that this *could* theoretically be read as a standalone (I don't recommend it).

There was some sexy pegging in this story. I thought I'd mention that first because the rest of the story appears to be mostly Jaden being in the dominant roll.

There is m/m in this story also. It's brief, and this isn't the first menage story I have read where the m/m element is sort of rushed. I would have liked more from that scene, but I understand why it was short.

The overall story arc was a great piece of mind bending. Alien beings with better technology, and stronger bodies, find the will of humanity a lesson and an eventual strength. It's predictable in some ways, but the execution of the story made it unique. I liked the writing, I loved the relationships, the different cultural aspects of the different beings, and the sexy time. I would recommend this to anyone, even if they're iffy about Sci-Fi. It can't hurt to give it a try, and this world is not overly complicated, or overly descriptive and confusing. I like clean, clear stories that I can understand and relate to, even if I need to learn something along the way.

I look forward to going back to the beginning and seeing this series through from the start.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayal By Treaty.

December 31, 2015 – Shelved