M.M. Hudson's Reviews > How the Grandmas and Grandpas Saved Christmas

How the Grandmas and Grandpas Saved Christmas by Richard J. Gausselin

liked it

"Toys are to be made with hands and hearts." This is the whole summation of the book and how some grandparents saved the day because they love their grandchildren. This book took a long time to get to the meat of the story. In fact, it was almost not until the end before it did. It is not that the writing was bad because it wasn't, just in my mind it could have been much shorter and to the point faster.

I did think this book, at first was a picture book, but then I discovered it is a book more for children who can read pretty well or at very least, be read too. This would not be a book for a very young child because attention span would not be kept.

The illustrations were cute but I was not overly impressed either. To me they looked like color book-ish and really not well done. That is rather sad because the illustrations could have lent so much more to the story.

I have seen that this book is a first in a series, I do hope the second book is much better because it does have potential.

I give this book, 3 stars for the story only.

Disclosure: I was sent this book in exchange for my open and honest opinion. The views here are 100% my own and may differ from yours. ~Naila Moon

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How the Grandmas and Grandpas Saved Christmas.

December 25, 2015 – Started Reading