Tina's Reviews > Frenzy

Frenzy by Casey L. Bond

bookshelves: favorite-authors, my-favorites

This book is one of my absolute favorites! I devoured it in one evening and now I am going insane waiting to know what happens next.

I have read quite a few books by author Casey Bond. I love the originality of her stories and the fact that I never know where she will go with each character or the plot. I have many times slammed my kindle shut and wanted to pull my hair out at some of the craziness that comes from her mind. LOL That's what makes her work so exciting to read and the fact that her charcters always have substance to them. Frenzy is no exception. The ending left my jaw hitting the floor!
"Now that he'd tasted eternal life, did he crave the empty solace of death?"

In the colony of Blackwater where Porschia lives, there are mysterious deaths that are being blamed on the night-walkers. Fears are high but the need for food is more pressing. Porschia must be strong and volunteer to go on rotation to bring in food from outside the walls. Not only does she have to be escorted by a night-walker, but beyond their safe haven are the infected that only care about eating the flesh of humans. I love that the story has both vampires and undead, zombie like creatures. Danger comes from all directions in this action packed story.
"When life was so fragile, and survival so difficult, rushing seemed like the thing to do."

Another thing that makes this book so great is the poetic way the author writes. Her words and descriptions flow so nicely. I could visualize the colony and the devastation outside the walls. I felt as if I was there watching everything transpire and not sitting reading a book on my sofa.
"Standing alone near the water's edge, I watched the swirling torrent just beneath the falls and let the rush of the water fill my ears."

An exciting story with a kick ass leading female character. I can not wait to read book 2 and 3, but until then I am already rereading Frenzy. It's that fangtastic! I highly recommend this book!
"In a place I felt sure that failure would find me again, I found hope."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frenzy.

December 31, 2015 – Shelved
December 31, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
January 10, 2016 – Started Reading
January 14, 2016 – Shelved as: favorite-authors
January 14, 2016 – Shelved as: my-favorites
January 14, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Bethany (new) - added it

Bethany is it anything like twilight?? I would be very disappointed if it is...