Britta's Reviews > Shattered Souls

Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey

This book blew me away. The gorgeous cover and intriguing plot description had me expecting alot - it met every one of those expectations, exceeding most.

After Lenzi's father goes crazy and kills himself, Lenzi is scared that she may be following in his footsteps since she is now hearing creepy voices, noises and having visions. Then she meets the mysterious Alden who tells Lenzi that she is the reincarnated soul of Rose, an amazing Speaker who's job is to help troubled souls with unfinished business. Lenzi is thrown into a extreamly difficult position. A small part of her is relieved she's not crazy and is happy to have this new purpose... but with this new job comes a lot of danger and the incredible task of filling the shoes of Rose, a supposed part of herself that she has no memory of. She's also not too happy about having to willingly share her body with another soul - especially those who try to force their way in, trying desperately to shove Lenzi out. This great debut mixes romance with purpose and free-will with fate.

Although this book holds some resemblance to Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton and the recent horror movie Insidious, it definitely holds its own. I flew through this book, almost completely in one sitting. The plot is interesting and engaging and moves at a great pace. This book was very action packed, but it also had romance, mystery, slight creepiness, and a ton of suspense. What I loved most about it is that in the end everything is wrapped up. Although I'd love for there to be a sequel, I'd be content if this is a stand-alone.

I don't want to give anything away, so I'm sorry that I'm being kind of vague. Just trust me, if you like darker or paranormal YA, pick this one up when it comes out in December!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shattered Souls.

February 16, 2011 – Shelved
June 21, 2011 – Started Reading
June 21, 2011 –
page 33
10.12% "I really like it so far - very intersting."
June 21, 2011 –
page 33
10.12% "excuse the fact that I can't spell "interesting""
June 24, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Darkfallen (new) - added it

Darkfallen I am so Jealious!! I already wanted to readthis but after reading your review? Yea it's KILLING me!

Britta Darkfallen wrote: "I am so Jealious!! I already wanted to readthis but after reading your review? Yea it's KILLING me!"

Trust me, I've been in that same position a lot of times. Never gets any easier. But, in my opinion, this book is worth the wait!