Auntee's Reviews > Lover Revealed

Feb 07, 2008

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, keepers, reading-again
Recommended for: Everyone
Read from May 02 to 05, 2010

I intended to do a quick re-read of this one after reading Lover Mine and forgetting all about the link between Xhex and Butch and why John Matthew was jealous and why Vishous din't like Xhex. But after a few chapters I couldn't put it down--I'd forgotten how good this one was! I always was fascinated by Butch's story--he was a flawed human with a sad backstory, just looking for a place/family to belong to. And I know a lot of readers don't particularly care for his mate Marissa, but I liked her. The story between Butch and Marissa is blazing hot, but filled with many struggles, especially with Butch feeling he's not good enough for her. What made this book a favorite of mine was besides Butch and Marissa's rocky but passionate romance, we get to see what goes on (the ceremony) when one is inducted into the Brotherhood, we see a human turned into a vampire (I was on the edge of my seat for that), we witness the beginnings of the Lash/JM rivalry, and we see the special bond the Vishous and Butch have. This was a good one to go back to after reading "Lover Mine", because not only did it help refresh my memories (I also had forgotten how much Rehvenge wanted Marissa), it gave me some new insights into the characters that I hadn't realized the first time around. Now if only I could make time to re-read all of this series... 5 stars of course

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Revealed.

05/02 page 1
0.22% "Decided on a quick re-read..."
05/03 page 87
19.12% "I forgot how good this was."
05/03 page 190
41.76% 2 comments
05/04 page 387
85.05% "Wow, this book was good..."
05/04 page 387
85.05% "Whoa...V can bench press 700 pounds..." 4 comments
05/05 page 455
100.0% "Even better the 2nd time..."
11/10 marked as: read

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Great review, Auntee. I really like Marissa, so I know how it feels to be in that minority. This is one of my favorites because of how tortured Butch was. It really touched me to see his anguish, and how he finds a family and home with the Brothers and Marissa. I'd love Marissa, just for giving Butch that. I also love Vishous and how much he cares for Butch, and vice versa.

Oh, and this is when I fell for Rehv. Seeing how gentle he was with Marissa. What a worthy male!

Dina Nice review, Auntee. This was the last book in the series I read. I need to get back to the BDB world, but I'm wary of V's book. Could you reread it and write a review to convince me to pick it up already? Hey, I'm doing you a favor, as I know how much you love V, LOL.

Karen I had intended to do a reread of all the books before Lover Mine, but I only made it through books 1-5. I really had no desire to reread Phury's book. Butch's book was a good one...I loved watching his transition and what he went through after. It was particularly interesting to go back and read Dark Lover knowing where Butch was headed. I picked up lots of things about him that I missed on the first read.

Auntee Dina wrote: "Nice review, Auntee. This was the last book in the series I read. I need to get back to the BDB world, but I'm wary of V's book. Could you reread it and write a review to convince me to pick it up ..."

Thanks ladies! I didn't get the lack of reader love for Marissa either.

LOL, nice try, Dina! I'd love to do that for you, but my conscience won't let me--my TBR mountain is now a mountain range! I do remember it was a good one (they all are, of course). Maybe I will treat myself after I knock off a few books that I haven't yet read...:)

Dina Oh well, I tried. ;)

message 6: by Julianna (last edited May 05, 2010 03:02PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Julianna Dina wrote: "Nice review, Auntee. This was the last book in the series I read. I need to get back to the BDB world, but I'm wary of V's book. Could you reread it and write a review to convince me to pick it up ..."

Dina, I stalled out for a while after reading Lover Revealed too. I allowed myself to be overly influenced by all the negativity from other readers about Lover Unbound. I wish I hadn't though, because I loved V's book. It's in a virtual tie with Lover Awakened as my favorite so far. I still have 7 & 8 left to read though, so that may change.;-) I can't guarantee that you'll like it as much as I did, but IMHO it was waaaay better than some people led me to expect. I don't know if my review would help you make up your mind, but I remember Auntee saying that if she hadn't already read it yet, I would have sold her on it.;-)

Dina Oooh, nice, Julie! *runs off to read Julie's review*

Auntee She's right, Dina (and that was a fab review!)--don't let the negativity stop you. Most of the negativity was about the ending (which I didn't mind). But this was a great book. If you read it, maybe I'll re-read it along with you! Just kidding...I think.:)

Dina Auntee, I already know about the ending - it was impossible to avoid spoilers due to the uproar it caused - and I can't say I'm OK with it, but I'm open to let JRW convince me it works.

Christy Blevins Actually, Butch isn't one of my favorite characters, neither is Marissa, but I loved the whole turning into a vampire thing..it was awesome!

Auntee Very cool part of the book.:)