Diane plourde's Reviews > Waiting for Wyatt: A Red Dirt Novel

Waiting for Wyatt by S.D. Hendrickson

description

ARC Waiting For Wyatt by S.D. Hendrickson

Writing an honest review is the second best experience that I go through after first reading the book. Reading is a passion of mine but writing a review just prolongs the wonderful feelings that comes with a beautiful story. I get to pour my emotions unto paper and then I get to share this wonderful journey with others. Once in a while an author comes a long with a story that imprints itself in my heart and soul that just won't let go. S.D. Hendrickson has accomplished just that.

This is my first ARC of 2016, and this author as set the bar pretty high for my subsequent books. This story deserves no less than 10 amazing heartfelt, heartwarming and heartbreaking stars. It's by far one of the best books I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

It will be kept spoiler free because I believe the other readers should get to experience this wonderful journey.

This story made me go through a wide range of emotions. The words jumped right out of the page and latched themselves unto my heart, mind, body and soul. It didn't let up until way after I was done reading the book and writing this review.

This is about Emma, who's a compassionate, nurturing and a take charge kind of young women. She on a detour right now from what she is set to accomplish for herself. Charlie, the dog she rescues places her into Wyatt's path. Wyatt is the loner who lives alone in the woods and he takes care of dogs who have been abandoned and brutalized. Emma sees something in Wyatt, he needs saving even if he doesn't think he deserves a second chance. His secrets will come out and Emma must decide if she can move on from them. As time goes on, Emma and Wyatt form a bond that will help him work through all his issues. It's the story of two young people who finds solace in each other. Wyatt has made a conscious decision that affected numerous lives of the people he loves the most. Wyatt will need to understand that no matter what, everyone needs and deserves to love and be loved.

This story releases a strong message, forgiveness in order to move on. This story is far from your typical love story, it defies whatever romance novel there is. It's different but in an exquisite kind of way. Original story line with a seamless plot. The writing touched me on a level that I never anticipated and left me breathless.

" I don't know what scared me more when you left" he whispered " That you wouldn't come back. Or that you would"

I loved the characters from the bubbly, optimistic and pushy Emma to the broody, sad and withdrawn Wyatt. I could feel all their different emotions from the depth of my soul. I'm not a dog person but the author gave the dogs, Charlie/ Cye/ Gus/ Betty/ Gator/ Gatsby and Lola so much distinctive characters that I couldn't help myself from falling in love with them. It's like they had their own personality.

I take great pride writing my reviews because they are very personal to me. I can safely say that this review was the hardest/easiest I've ever done so far. I had so many great, wonderful things to say about it that I had to stop myself for fear of writing endlessly.
This is a standalone with and HEA. It's told in alternating POV with the first part by Emma, the second by Wyatt and the end by Emma. I really liked that the author did that so I could settle myself comfortably in each characters frame of mind. Warning, there are discussions and some descriptions of animal cruelty that were done to dogs. Starting the new year with this story is a journey I will never forget. I strongly recommend reading this book and also The Mason List is worth your precious time and money. S.D Hendrickson is a gifted writer who shows great pride in her work. I'm anxious to see what comes next for this author.

P.S. Have tissues close by.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waiting for Wyatt.

December 30, 2015 – Started Reading