Carrie's Reviews > Destiny

Destiny by Cait Jarrod

it was ok
bookshelves: netgalley

When Autumn Wilcox's friend and mentor passes away Autumn sets off to fulfill a promise to head to Montana to climb a mountain and find an elusive rainbow. Autumn's friend suggests she hitch a ride with a local search and rescue pilot, Travis Carson, that is headed to Montana himself. The two have one thing in common as they neither want a relationship or to get close to others.

Destiny is the second book in the Montana Dreams series but the first of which I've read. Most romance reads are fine to be read as a standalone but with this particular novella I found that I felt a bit lost in the first moments of reading as it was hard to figure out what was really happening with Autumn needing to run off as soon as her friend passed away.

Once the story got going I thought I was going to like it a bit more but then it just seemed like all the characters were too immature for my taste. Autumn and Travis were behaving like two kids who needed to be mean to each other because they were attracted but then Travis' brother and sister in law seemed a bit off themselves. The sexual scenes in the story were also far from steamy and just really rather awkward in my opinion. Along with some kind of far fetched actions I really just never got into the story or characters at all.

Overall, not really one I'd recommend as the characters and story just never grabbed me.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.wordpress....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destiny.

December 30, 2015 – Shelved