JF at SustainableTraditions's Reviews > Organic Wesley: A Christian Perspective on Food, Farming, and Faith

Organic Wesley by William C. Guerrant Jr.

Dec 30, 2015

You don’t need to be a Methodist or Wesleyan to appreciate this book – Christians of many different shades and stripes will find the juxtaposition of John Wesley with the contemporary food movement, to be a heartening reminder that our daily food choices are of great importance to a life of faith.

With chapter titles such as: The Rise of Industrial Agriculture and the Emergence of the Food Movement, Eating in Moderation, Farm Animals, Globalization and Local Economies, Recovering a Wesleyan Food Ethic and other provocative titles – this is an insightful book that holds a mirror up to our modern American food system, and through the lens of John Wesley’s recorded writings, encourages us to see our food and health as an integral part of our Christian faith.

Akin to the agrarian perspectives of Wendell Berry, Norman Wirzba and others, Organic Wesley offers us a reminder that food and agriculture, the earth and our bodies, are all subject to the Kingdom of God – and that we are stewards of these gifts – whether wise or foolish remains our choice.

For the full book review please visit: http://sustainabletraditions.com/2016...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Organic Wesley.

December 30, 2015 – Started Reading