Megan's Reviews > Notorious Pleasures

Notorious Pleasures by Elizabeth Hoyt

Feb 15, 2011

bookshelves: romance, historical

Once again, I wish I could give half stars. I think I'd give this one 3 1/2 but since I can't, 4 it is! Mostly due to how much I loved our hero Griffin :)

I really enjoyed this second entry into Hoyt's Maiden Lane series! One thing that she does well is create characters that aren't your typical, all cut from the same cloth, heroes and heroines. Either because of looks, station in life, or demeanor, they all don't fit easily into the box that are most romance novel characters. This go around we have a high born hero who distills gin in Londons slums to support the rest of his high born family. Griffin is also a passionate man who isn't afraid to keep how he feels contained. I found him absolutely charming :) In fact my main complaint was that our heroine Hero (ha!) didn't come around quickly enough to suit me! I very much enjoyed her character in the first book of the series Wicked Intentions and was excited to hear her story. She turned out to be a little more...flat then I would've liked but not enough to create any dislike. Again...I REALLY liked Griffin so it might've just been hard for her to live up to that. I often find when I LOVE the hero, the heroine just can't stand up. Ah well.

All in all, a very engaging story, a great check in with the secondary cast of characters we met in book one, and a very exciting set up for book 3. I personally can't wait for Silence and Charming Mickey :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Notorious Pleasures.

February 15, 2011 – Started Reading