Ophelia West 's Reviews > A Thousand Unspoken Words

A Thousand Unspoken Words by Paulami Duttagupta

Read 2 times. Last read December 2, 2015.

A Thousand Unspoken Words
Paulami Duttagupta

This marvel of a book came to me on the recommendation of a colleague whose opinion I esteem highly, hence, I began my journey with marked anticipation. The writer's storytelling aptitude and the progressive development of the characters hooked me in with a voracious hold and I completed the book in one sitting. The adventure is composed of an excellent mix of the primary genres, romance and suspense, with an unmistakeable subset in wit.

As the story embarks, we meet a enrapturing young couple, Tilottama and Musafir, incandescently thrown together in a series of unexpected and intriguing circumstances. Musafir is mysterious and complex as well as cynical and emotionally unavailable. His world is spiraling and whether he knows it or not he needs a centrifugal force. Tilottama has the exponential capacity to embody that needed force and fulfill the desires that her romantic longings evoke when she is in the presence of this elusive man. This is the premise upon which this whirlwind story begins and it sustains its ability to compel the reader quickly to the next chapter with all of its twists and turns and as the characters begin to develop, the readers attachment forms.

This book left me with a desire to immediately search out other works by this celebrated, noteworthy author. Her success on this effort is well deserved and the commendation she has received is most definitely earned. Ms. Duttagupta distinguishes herself amongst her contemporaies with this empathetic and skillfully guided novel. She will undoubtedly continue to amass praise and this novel will continue to become acclaimed.

Ophelia E. West
President, The Jones West Group, Inc.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Thousand Unspoken Words.

Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
Started Reading
December 2, 2015 – Finished Reading
December 26, 2015 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
December 29, 2015 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Morsels (last edited Dec 30, 2015 04:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Morsels Juices Thank you for reading and sharing the review here, Ophelia.