Laura Lam's Reviews > Shattered Minds

Shattered Minds by Laura Lam

2067903

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: 2017, read-20x-or-more-because-i-wrote-it, science-fiction, thriller, serial-killers

Edit June 15th, 2017. The book is out! A few bits of news:

Amazon.com listed it as an editor's pick as one of the best SFF books of the month!

Also, if you crosspost your Goodreads review to a book retailer (Amazon, B&N, Waterstones, etc), I'll send you a signed bookplate and a bookmark as thanks. More info here: http://www.lauralam.co.uk/signed-book...

This is the next Pacifica thriller after False Hearts. It's a standalone set in the same world, so it can be read in any order, though you'll learn a few details about False Hearts' plot if you read this first.

Rather than being set in San Francisco, we move south to Los Angeles & Hollywood:

It stars Carina, a female Dexter with a drug problem.

She has a bunch of encrypted information dumped into her head, tied to five images (a bee, a rose, a thorn, a drop of blood, and heterochromic eyes), and each are accessed by personal memories. Which one is the problem:

She ends up partnering with a diverse group of hackers named The Trust, which includes Dax, a trans male character (& love interest):

Together, they have to take down the evil corporation of Sudice, which Carina used to work for. Her old boss, Roz, is after her, and she's sort of reminiscent of Rachel from Orphan Black.

It's probably my darkest book. I hope you like it.

Image credits and more on my Shattered Minds Pinterest board.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shattered Minds.

December 29, 2015 – Shelved
December 29, 2015 – Shelved as: 2017
December 29, 2015 – Shelved as: read-20x-or-more-because-i-wrote-it
December 29, 2015 – Shelved as: science-fiction
December 29, 2015 – Shelved as: thriller
December 29, 2015 – Shelved as: serial-killers
Started Reading
June 15, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Nicole (new) - added it

Nicole Jain I absolutely LOVE False Hearts - I cannot wait to read this second book. <3