Siddharth Jain's Reviews > Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

Jobs was a jerk for the most part of his life, but not just that, he was also a genius. I would go as far to say that he was a boon that happened to mankind. He taught the companies of the world to operate in a new way, I feel he has played a major role in revolutionising business by making it a user-centric proposition at a scale larger than ever. That being said, he wasn’t always original, wasn’t always fair, there were companies taking deign seriously already. But he was a thought leader, who could at times pick up an already existing idea, give it a beautiful form, turn it into an experience. He failed at things many a times too but he led a team of geniuses who helped redefine digital for the world.
He was a fascinating man, sharp as a chisel, with a fire in him to play his role by creating. Go ahead, read the book if you haven't, it's not only about business and design but also about passion, about creating, about genius. I found it hard to put down the book until I had read all of it.

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the trouble makers, the round pegs in square holes, the ones who see things differently, they are not fond of rules and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or wilily them, but the only thing that you can't do is ignore them, because they change things, they push the human race forward. While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." -Jobs

This is a beautiful thought to wake up to. I have put it as my alarm tone, & have been waking up better than ever.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steve Jobs.

Finished Reading