Brenda's Reviews > Murder on the Island

Murder on the Island by Brian Kavanagh

Mark Sallinger and his fiancée Belinda Lawrence were to spend some time on the island of Guernsey with Mark’s mother, Melba, Lady Sallinger. Belinda’s best friend Hazel had also been invited along with Belinda’s parents and a few others. The idea was discussion about the upcoming nuptials though Belinda was feeling decidedly uneasy about the whole situation.

When the gardener of the old Tudor Lodge where they were all staying discovered the miniature skeleton of a long dead baby in the ruins of a flower bed, shock and horror swept through them all. But seventy year old housekeeper, Ms Massey and Lady Sallinger both felt the need to keep the discovery quiet. The scandal would ruin their lives in the small village of Guernsey. When another of the guests, who was a priest, began telling tales of long ago burnings at the stake the gruesome words felt ominous to those present.

As a terrible and violent storm bore down on the old Tudor house, the suddenness of death hit them all. When the house lost all power, the darkness and creaking of the old timbers held an evil and malevolence that couldn’t be denied…

I very much enjoyed Murder on the Island which is the sixth in the Belinda Lawrence mysteries by Aussie author Brian Kavanagh. An intriguing plot that was chilling and fast paced; the tension was gripping. I read through Murder on the Island in just a few hours. Highly recommended.

With thanks to the author for my copy to read and review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder on the Island.

December 28, 2015 – Shelved
January 6, 2016 – Started Reading
January 6, 2016 – Shelved as: own-read
January 6, 2016 – Shelved as: read-on-kindle
January 6, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Phrynne (new)

Phrynne Scary cover!

message 2: by Dale (new)

Dale Harcombe Good review. I've heard a lot about these Belinda Lawrence books.

Brenda It is Phrynne - but totally relevant to the story:)

Thanks Dale...this one, IMO is his best to date:)

Sally906 I agree Brenda - haven't written up my review yet - but was really good!

Brenda Thanks Sally...really enjoyable!

message 6: by Christine (new)

Christine Great review, Brenda. Sounds like a good one for a stormy night when you are all alone, lol!

Brenda LOL!! Maybe not;)