Melanie P. Smith's Reviews > Persona

Persona by Ceri  Bladen

Dec 28, 2015

liked it
bookshelves: reviewed

Fun read...with a little suspense
I purchased this book expecting a light beach read...basically your typical romance. What I got was much more. Ms. Bladen does an excellent job at character development and weaves a fun, action packed, suspenseful tale that keeps the reader interested until the very end. Unlike many romances, the story is believable. The characters don’t just see each other and two days later decide they are in love. The relationship progresses gradually over a period of weeks. The author demonstrates that although Daniel wants people to believe he is shallow, he has depth. The reader understands that almost from the beginning chapter. Ella is a perfect match for him, not shallow or flamboyant, but humble and strong in her own way. For me they truly worked as a couple and I'm left believing in their HEA...which after all, is the point of a good romance.

So, why 3 stars you might ask. Well as much as I enjoyed the story, this book definitely needs another round of editing. There were simply too many mistakes (spelling, grammar and extra words - to the point it was sometimes distracting) for it not to be reflected in my review. With another round of editing, this book would be a solid four. If you are looking for a fun, light read with a suspenseful twist, you might want to pick this one up. Especially if skimming through a few grammatical mistakes doesn’t bother you. It is definitely worth your time.

Melanie P. Smith

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Persona.