Suz's Reviews > Kill the Dead

Kill the Dead by Richard Kadrey

liked it
bookshelves: urban-fantasy

3+ stars

I like Kadrey's narrative voice but this particular book had a lot of telling instead of showing. Also, zombies are not really my thing. Still, all in all it was a good yarn and made me laugh.

It's a gritty L.A. and I like Sandman Slim's dark good guy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kill the Dead.

December 28, 2015 – Started Reading
December 28, 2015 – Shelved
December 28, 2015 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
January 4, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Tracy I like how you go into detail, Suz, and you are spot on with Sandman Slim. I think with the titles though, you don't really get a sense of what the books are about, and you're right how each book could stand alone by itself because he gives you enough backstory that you can pick up any of the books and be aware of what's happened up until that point. Stark is such a bad-ass with a good heart for his friends. I mean, he was the King of Hell, Satan for chrissakes, and God splinters into a bunch of littleGods lol. I liked how he stuck God with running Hell lol, but that's enogh spoilers. Thanks again for turning me on to the series. I read that he's coming out with a new Sandman Slim book this year. (That's Stark btw, for those that don't know).

message 2: by Suz (new) - rated it 3 stars

Suz I think you just seriously spoiled me, Tracy. I'm reading them in order and so far the littleGods thing and God in Hell stuff hasn't happened.

In fact they haven't really clarified that Stark is in charge of hell until Lucifer gets back. In book 2 Lucifer said that's what he wanted and he was going to try to go home (to heaven) to heal, but Stark said fuck that and it was never really resolved.

All the rest you've told me hasn't happened yet in my world.

Tracy Suz wrote: "I think you just seriously spoiled me, Tracy. I'm reading them in order and so far the littleGods thing and God in Hell stuff hasn't happened.

In fact they haven't really clarified that Stark is i..."

Omg, I hate to read spoilers. I thought you had read all of the books. I will say that they keep getting better, which is unusual with series. SinceI did spoil one thing, basically God has a nervous breakdown and splinters into 7 personalities and bodies too, because he's..God.