MBR's Reviews > Insatiable

Insatiable by Cari Quinn

4201191
A Solid 5 Star Erotic Contemporary Romance

30 year old Shawn Griffin is an esteemed architect and the only child of the Griffins who own an architecture firm known throughout the West Coast. Born and bred in Calvin Bay of California, Shawn is blessed with surfer good looks, feline green eyes and golden hair from his mother and a laser-like focus and intensity from his CEO father. Shawn’s only regret in life is the fact that he had turned down his best friend’s proposal that they become intimate when she had been 16 years old and curiosity had taken a hold of her that in turn had driven her into another man’s arms. Shawn is a man who is biding his time for the right moment to woo the love of his life into his arms forever, a man who has been infatuated with his childhood friend and best buddy since forever and been in love with her for at least half a dozen years.

28 year old Rachel Cooper is the youngest child of the Coopers who publish the magazine for tony fashionistas in the West Coast. A middle school music teacher, Rachel had met Shawn minutes after entering into this world, thanks to the lifelong friendship between their families. Shawn had become her best girlfriend, regardless of the fact he is a guy, long before she had even realized that being his best friend was what she wanted. Apart from the one time when she had been 16 years old and had found feelings of an alien kind inhabiting her body whenever she had been around Shawn, Rachel had never considered opening up her heart to Shawn in the forever kind of manner until the connection and attraction that has always simmered between them comes right up against her, with no holds-barred when Shawn decides to focus his laser-like intensity on winning her affections.

It is when Rachel decides to go on a no-holds-barred sex vacation to New York and rekindle the flames with her high school boyfriend that all hell breaks loose and Shawn unleashes all his pent up longing and desire to claim Rachel as his. Rachel is as skittish as commitment phobic heroines come and add to the equation her tendency to ALWAYS go against what her parents gently prod her and urge her to do, when Shawn and her getting married and having a couple of beautiful babies is what both their families have always hinted at all their life.

Shawn has his work cut out for him when he follows Rachel to New York and competing with the Harley riding ex-boyfriend of Rachel’s seems to require his undivided attention. With Rachel as skittish as a wild horse that needs taming when it comes to facing the intense nature of the feelings that sweep them both away on a journey of sensual awakening that just lights up the reader’s world in a kaleidescope of colors, Shawn is in it to win and make Rachel face what she has always longed for ever since they had both grown up. When tragedy comes calling, it is then that both Rachel and Shawn needs to decide whether theirs is a love that can weather all storms and come out triumphant in the end.

To find out why this book made my favorites list in the friends-to-lovers trope and how it rocked my world head onto: http://bit.ly/eXilQY

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insatiable.

02/14
02/14
1.0% "Shawn Griffin: the solitary road block to her no holds-barred sex vacation! LOL!"
02/15
70.0% "You would want a Shawn of your own if you read this one. I dare you!"
02/15
100.0% "I don't think I'm going to come down from the warm glow of this one anytime soon!! *sigh* Review coming soon!"
04/01 marked as: read

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews I just went and bought it, can't wait to get home tonight and read it.

message 2: by MBR (new) - rated it 5 stars

MBR You are in for a treat!! Shawn is just what the doctor advises after a tough day at work ;)

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews I've never read her before, but based on your review, it bypassed by TBR list

message 4: by MBR (new) - rated it 5 stars

MBR Whoa! I hope you love it then! Cari Quinn is an author who definitely needs to be on your auto-buy list. And this one by hers is really, really good! Enjoy! ^.^

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews I LOVED it...wish there were some Shawn clones running around =)

message 6: by Cari (new)

Cari Quinn Thanks, ladies. I'm so glad you liked Insatiable...and Shawn! :)

message 7: by MBR (new) - rated it 5 stars

MBR DiDi wrote: "I LOVED it...wish there were some Shawn clones running around =)"

DiDi, I know right!! Cari has certainly created a guy whom we all would want in our beds and out of it! *sigh* The downside of reading romances is that our fantasies featuring non-existent guys are endless. Am so very glad you love both the book and Shawn.. Especially Shawn ^_^