WTMO Words Turn Me On's Reviews > Morrison

Morrison by M.J. Fields

Dec 27, 2015

Hailey “Hard Knocks” Poe had a rough childhood. She was born to a teenage prostitute who had run away from home and landed in Las Vegas, Sin City, aptly named. But Hailey has plans, she’s not going to follow in her mother’s footsteps. She wants more out of life and she plans on getting it even if she has to hustle.

Morrison Caldwell is the middle Caldwell brother. His nickname is Slick, but he’s also known as Aces. He wasn’t happy being poor so he worked hard and became good at gambling, very good! He enjoys the materialistic things in life, flashy cars, nice apartments and high-end furniture and he owns it all. He swore never to be in debt to anyone and he has seen to it to keep that promise.

“I have tasted my share of week – old fish in my day, if you know what I mean.“

Gotta say, I find Morrison to be a funny man! This book is not all that it seems to be. I know that is cryptic, but that’s all I’m gonna say. Morrison is aptly nicknamed, Slick, because man is he ever. He’s got the lines, the look and the money to back it all up. Much like his older brother Hendrix, he isn’t looking for a long-term relationship. He’s not looking for more than one night. From his father he learned to take a beating and never blink an eye. He learned to hide his tells, which is why he is so good at gambling. Unlike his father, he would never hurt a woman. Again, I will say I’m a huge fan of MJ Fields so I knew I would enjoy this book. It has its interesting moments and I liked the way it ended. The ending left a hint of more to come, and that more is going to be good!!! I give this book 5 stars with 4 hands down the pants and impatiently await Jagger.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Morrison.

12/27/2015 marked as: read