Sarah Toussaint's Reviews > Double Time

Double Time by Olivia Cunning
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
30724165
's review

did not like it
bookshelves: avoid-at-all-cost

Okay. Here we go...

Oh my stars...
I HATED this book!!

If they allowed a ZERO star, I would have given it, instead of wasting a whole star...

I stopped reading the series after finishing this book.

In fact, I stopped reading Olivia Cunning's books, period. That's how negatively this book affected me.

So much that I felt like I needed to come here and leave this review.

(I've never left a review on a book before, so...you understand.)

Here's why I hated this book.

Number 1: the author is unfaithful to her own character.

TREY was awesome in the previous books. He was the carefree, bisexual character, who was charming to the bone and I wanted to read his book to find out how he finally finds his LOVE.

But then, when I do finally reach the book, thinking that I was about to read some hot, threesome love story... I instead found myself, mentally yelling a couple of times throughout, "WHAT THE FUUCK HAPPENED TO TREY!"

He became this (confusing) asshole out of NOWHERE.

He lead the female love interest on, only to tell her later that he can't come without having a man penetrate his ass. So, he basically just told the poor girl that her pussy isn't enough to satisfy him. Which brings me to...

Number 2: Olivia (the author) needs to learn what being bisexual means!

In fact, let this be a lesson to everyone who thinks bisexual people are "cheaters" or "individuals who can't be satisfied with only one partner."

This fucking book gave bisexual people a BAD name. As if the world alone isn't already calling us "confused," "dissatisfied," ec... This fucking book has to come along and perpetuate those stereotypes.

I DESPISED Trey after this book and he was my FAVORITE character up until his own book.

And it was mostly because of the way he treated the female character that I hated him.

Poor girl. She deserved better than this mentally-challenged douchebag.

I mean, I can understand if Trey can't be satisfied with this female, maybe it's because they weren't meant to be, or because she's not so good in bed, or maybe he needs to SEE A FUCKING THERAPIST IN ORDER to figure out what's wrong with him; why he can't come when he fucks a pussy. And can only come when he's being fucked in the ass.

Seriously why couldn't you just make him gay, Olivia Cunning? You just HAD to call him "bisexual?"

I would have liked the book better as a love story between the two men without you having to drag the poor girl in there and humiliate her.

Bisexual, my ass. This character is mentally...or physically damaged. Because I know for a fact that being bisexual, in NO WAY means that you have to have BOTH of the sexual organs at your disposal to be happy in a relationship.

Being bisexual means that you ARE attracted to BOTH GENDER and CAN be satisfied by either one or the other.

Being bisexual doesn't mean that you find one organ or gender more stimulating/or better than the other and prefer one over the other.

It means that you prefer BOTH and could have either. That's the whole fucking point! Because otherwise, you should just call yourself gay or lesbian or any other label you feel like calling yourself, but NOT bisexual.

The author could have at least done her fucking research before writing about a bisexual character. The definition is pretty straight forward but if she still could not comprehend it, Google was always at her disposal, and the world is full of us, she could have asked a bisexual person what being bisexual is, for God's sake.

But since Google apparently failed her, let me be the one to explain that being bisexual means that you will find a man OR a woman attractive. And it doesn't mean that you NEED both to be happy or satisfied either. It just means that you'd be happy with either one.

While reading this book, the whole time, I was feeling so sympathetic towards (Reagan) the female character, that the author seemed to enjoy mistreating throughout this piece of crap-book.

I felt so bad for her.

How can Trey treat her that way?

Telling her she wasn't ENOUGH for him after pulling her into a relationship then CHEATING on her with the guy!

Seriously, Trey is fucking lucky that he is fictional or I would beat the shit out of him.

And

I'm done with you, Olivia Cunning.

I've blacklisted you.

#SorryNotSorry
185 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Double Time.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

December 25, 2015 – Started Reading
December 26, 2015 – Shelved
December 28, 2015 – Finished Reading
July 28, 2017 – Shelved as: avoid-at-all-cost

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)


message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Milne Well said BookLover


Jennifer Hajdics Did she even read this book? How do you expect anyone to respect your opinion when you can't even be respectful to a fellow author? Thank goodness I've never read any of her books, because now I never will. Great job at earning a ton of disrespect from the reading community with this sad excuse of a review. Especially when reviewing a popular author like Olivia Cunning who has more five star reviews than she ever will.


Sarah Toussaint I don't think I mentioned anything about NOT finishing the book. Because I DID. And I swear a lot when I'm pissed off and this book pissed me off.

I don't think the real problem you have is with the swearing though...


message 4: by Sue (new)

Sue bowdley No...seems the main problem is that you slagged the author off when there was no need to..seriously..what happened to just "This book wasn't for me"


Sarah Toussaint I said my reasons. No need to justify any further. Authors will get offended but it's not my problem. I told my opinion and that's it. And just because the author is well known and has five stars books, doesn't mean I need to sugarcoat what I think of a book she wrote.


booklover Sarah wrote: "Well, I'm not supporting her for a reason. Doesn't mean I do this to every author of a book I didn't like, lol.

Get over it. I think she'll survive..."

I'm sure she will too. After all, she's already written and sold a lot more books than you as it is.
Also, i've noticed that for someone who apparently "doesn't write reviews" you've written a hell of a lot of 1 and 2 star reviews for books of a similar genre. May i suggest that instead of writing reviews for books which it's obvious you're not going to like, that you start to buy and review books more suited to you......Well, when you find a genre that you actually LIKE that is.


Sarah Toussaint I like that genre, that's why you see me leaving reviews on them. And I mostly only leave reviews when I feel strongly, negatively or positively about a book. I read a bunch of books, but the ones that strikes me the most are the ones I leave reviews on.

That may be why you see mostly one stars from me.


Sarah Toussaint Besides, no one attacked the author. Lol. I said I wasn't going to read her books anymore because of that one book she wrote that rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't threaten to kill her. Jesus!


message 9: by LAS (new)

LAS I don't understand why anyone would carry on reading an entire series of 5 books when they didn't like the first? I call bullshit and spitefulness. Is it jealousy that these authors are bigger and better than you?


message 10: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint Sweetheart, no...


message 11: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint I'm a 19 year old reader, and inspiring writer.

I'm not jealous of anyone...I might aspire to become a published writer someday, but I don't go around my day hating authors.

Maybe you do that.

I instead feel strongly about books and write reviews on them after I'm done reading them. So, please, don't make any assumptions.


message 12: by LAS (new)

LAS You do need to learn etiquette in the book community. We don't slag off authors or their characters. If you write, then you know how much these characters mean to an author. You'll know how much hard work it is, and if you ever publish you'll know how much time, effort and money they put into it. You need to learn some respect for your fellow author, because if you don't then you'll find that you won't get far in our community.

Oh and by the way, we are very fiercely protective of authors and their work. You'll find that out the hard way.


message 13: by LAS (new)

LAS Everyone is entitled to an opinion and to not like a story, it's the way you've totally ripped apart the book without any constructive feedback or respect for the written word. That's why I have a problem with this review.


message 14: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint I told my opinion. I told that I was no longer going to read this author's books anymore.

I'm not changing what I said.

You can defend her as you have the right to.

And I have the right to say what I want.

In contrary to what you believe, I support authors as I'm a writer myself, and I inspire to be published someday and I do whatever I can to leave reviews and sign up for newsletters to support my favorite indie authors.

I hated the way something personal to me was handled in this book and I said how I felt about it.

You want to attack me? Go ahead.

Just know, I'm not feeling threatened by your so-called community.


message 15: by Sue (new)

Sue bowdley Just showing your age and immaturity......


message 16: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint Goodbye


message 17: by Kiri Fiona (new)

Kiri Fiona Great review, Sarah :) Seriously, Trey is fucking lucky that he is fictional or I would beat the shit out of him. << That made me snort ♥


Danielle (Danniegurl) TBF Regan, Trey and their other dude Ethan was it? Get ANOTHER whole book in the Exodus End (the band Regan is with) series. Now I've only read book 1, which I did like, so I don't know how Regan's book is, but it will be focused I think more on her thoughts and the fact that Ethan is a secret 3rd in the relationship. I'm curious to see if the dynamic changed. As a hetero person reading Trey's book I felt like it wasn't because he was bi he had to be in this relationship, I really felt that him as a person needed a poly relationship to feel complete. But I can understand your frustration with the book especially if this is a common misconception being passed around about Bi people. I never viewed it as an exclusively bi tendency, I didn't view it as a negative at all. I never thought about him basically saying Regan wasn't enough but in some ways I feel like that is the case since he does need it seems a poly relationship.

I dunno I read a majority of the series and I liked it but I also wasn't going into depth or a deep emotional well while reading it either.

I would be curious if your opinion changed with book 2 of Exodus End (as I said I haven't read it so I dunno if this issue you have is even mentioned or addressed) but it'd be interesting if things changed for you.


♛ Jarusauskas Your review its so hateful I love it. Hahaha. This book sounds awful!!


message 20: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint Kiri Fiona wrote: "Great review, Sarah :) Seriously, Trey is fucking lucky that he is fictional or I would beat the shit out of him. << That made me snort ♥"

haha. glad i could make you laugh lol


message 21: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint Danielle (Danniegurl) wrote: "TBF Regan, Trey and their other dude Ethan was it? Get ANOTHER whole book in the Exodus End (the band Regan is with) series. Now I've only read book 1, which I did like, so I don't know how Regan's..."

since I have blacklisted this author, I don't think I'll read this other book. After you mentioned it, I went to the reviews and saw that some ppl were saying basically the same thing. That the threesome relationship is not equal and that one person gets a lot of attention while someone gets left out and I find that superbly annoying.

hey, read it and let me know what you think?


message 22: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint ♛ Jarusauskas wrote: "Your review its so hateful I love it. Hahaha. This book sounds awful!!"

it truly is. but at least it aspired me to start writing reviews. it was my first ever review. lol


Danielle (Danniegurl) Sarah wrote: "Danielle (Danniegurl) wrote: "TBF Regan, Trey and their other dude Ethan was it? Get ANOTHER whole book in the Exodus End (the band Regan is with) series. Now I've only read book 1, which I did lik..."

I plan to. At some point. Lol.


message 24: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint Danielle (Danniegurl) wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Danielle (Danniegurl) wrote: "TBF Regan, Trey and their other dude Ethan was it? Get ANOTHER whole book in the Exodus End (the band Regan is with) series. Now I've only read book 1, w..."

ugh! let me know, girl!


message 25: by Nini (new) - added it

Nini K! I haven't read sinners on tour but I know that Reagan got her own book in another series (Exodos End Series Book 2 Outsider).


message 26: by Nini (new) - added it

Nini K! Awesome honest review by the way.


message 27: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn Wow that was dramatic ;D


message 28: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint Nini wrote: "I haven't read sinners on tour but I know that Reagan got her own book in another series (Exodos End Series Book 2 Outsider)."

I heard that she did but I read the reviews and seems like she is mistreated in her own book too.... this is awful.


message 29: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint Nini wrote: "Awesome honest review by the way."

thank you, girl. I am indeed honest to a fault.


message 30: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint Katelyn wrote: "Wow that was dramatic ;D"

was it really?


message 31: by Dawn (new)

Dawn fantastic Honest review Sarah xx


message 32: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint Dawn wrote: "fantastic Honest review Sarah xx"
im glad you read it! thanks so much! i try to be honest all the time.


message 33: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint thank you!


message 34: by Diane (new)

Diane honest n upfront!


message 35: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint Diana wrote: "honest n upfront!"

always. thanks, girl!


message 36: by Don (new)

Don Kaplan The book may have been awful, but the review was entertaining. I think you have to overcome your shyness and say what you really think. (Actually was really
clear).


message 37: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint Don wrote: "The book may have been awful, but the review was entertaining. I think you have to overcome your shyness and say what you really think. (Actually was really
clear)."


I think so too. this book destroyed me and i just wanted to say it lol. thanks for reading my review!


message 38: by Asia (new)

Asia Oh my goodness I can't believe all those rude people commenting on your review from last July... I for one think this review was hiLARious, well written, honest, and I definitely will NOT be reading this book...


message 39: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint Asia wrote: "Oh my goodness I can't believe all those rude people commenting on your review from last July... I for one think this review was hiLARious, well written, honest, and I definitely will NOT be readin..."

apparently it was not polite of me to leave a bad review if the author is popular....
according to these ppl. lol


message 40: by Sanna (new)

Sanna Well, it was a bit harsh ... We don't all take things so seriously. I mean, these are only books, as in fiction. No need to go off like 4th of July because of one romance novel or some tiny part of it, like some sentence or two in some book actually affected IRL attitudes for example. I've read this book and enjoyed it like the others. I never read this as anything else but the feelings of 1 fictious character. I'd have to be pretty dumb to look at it in any other way. I didn't start making wild broadspectrum generalisations or changing my world views based on a sentence or two in a smut novel! I'd be totally daft if I did ...

Usually readers are people who know fiction IS fiction and secondly, also real live people aren't perfect either so how come some think fictious characters ought to be? They call for realistic and when they get it, they don't like that either but demand unrealistic perfection :D Nothing's ever good?

But each to her own. Just a tip: if I'm hesitant about a book, I get the sample. If it's not to my taste, I don't go buy and download the rest, and I avoid having to 1 star a pile of books as well as spending lots of money on books that in my opinion are 1 star category. Lots of disappointments avoided, neat. Better use the time to read books one will like better in all likelihood. Don't be offended, just a suggestion to give it some thought ... I don't mostly even rate the bad ones. Oh my goodness, for some reason people act so aggressively on goodreads ...


message 41: by Sanna (new)

Sanna I bet we're a bit too different as readers. Glimpsing at your shelves you apparently consider it sensible to read the first part of some series, consider it 1 star and despite that you apparently still purchase ? the second, go on to read the rest of them - 1 starring each ... The ordinary reader doesn't even finish a 1 star book (waste her time) let alone buy the rest after the first in the series is a bad disappointment when they try. I mean, who on earth really does that for real?
I find it impossible to understand your type of goodreads reviewers' whole agenda and actions in general ..

Re:
"currently reading" 227 books? TBR over 31 thousand titles? What's really up with you? Hey girl, you're off my list.


message 42: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint Sanna wrote: "I bet we're a bit too different as readers. Glimpsing at your shelves you apparently consider it sensible to read the first part of some series, consider it 1 star and despite that you apparently s..."

because i have a lots of books in my TBR and give honest reviews....?

but,,, but,,, I'm confused!
and why did you feel the need to let me know i was off your list...? I didn't even know i was ON your list...and I don't care that im off it now..

im soooo confused...


Azila N Powell Haha


message 44: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint Azila wrote: "Haha"

thank you for reading!


Madeline ❤️ Romance Bibliophile ❤️ Great review Sarah! Regardless of whether it's fiction, authors have a responsibility to do their research and accurately portray the subject...I totally agree that spreading misconceptions is reason to blacklist.


message 46: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint Madeline ❤️ Romance Bibliophile ❤️ wrote: "Great review Sarah! Regardless of whether it's fiction, authors have a responsibility to do their research and accurately portray the subject...I totally agree that spreading misconceptions is reas..."

thanks so much! so glad u see my side!


message 47: by Anne (new)

Anne I don't understand why you're getting so much hate for this review. Goodreads is a great place to rant and share why you personally disliked a book, and you made a great point. Nice review!


Ije the Devourer of Books Dear Sarah - please keep reviewing books and voicing your thoughts. I quite liked your review. It was honest and angry but you really explained why it made you angry. We all get different things from books and you don't need to read or review the way other people do. I always find it surprising when other people criticise other reviews. How do they find the time? If you have offended GR terms of reference then your review wouldn't be here. Don't stop reviewing.


message 49: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 09, 2017 11:47AM) (new)

Elizabeth you can't really call someone out for inaccurately portraying a bisexual character and then use the phrase "mentally-challenged douchebag." your point becomes a bit null and void after that. you should also do your research - about what it means to use "mentally challenged" as an insult.


message 50: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Toussaint Anne wrote: "I don't understand why you're getting so much hate for this review. Goodreads is a great place to rant and share why you personally disliked a book, and you made a great point. Nice review!"

i don't understnad either lol i said my piece, you either agree or you don't, right? lol

thanks, love for reading my review!


« previous 1
back to top