Rosie Amber's Reviews > Bedeviled & Beguiled

Bedeviled & Beguiled by Sam Cheever

liked it

** spoiler alert ** Bedeviled & Beguiled is a paranormal fantasy with a romantic element. It is set in the futuristic time of 2090 and evolves around an Angels versus Devils theme.

Astra Q Phelps is a halfling and vaporises Devils and demons for a day job. Caught up in an impending showdown between two devil factions, Astra finds she has been chosen to mediate between the devil royal courts and on top of this her Angel guardians want her to be the interface between the Angels and Devils.

Astra is pulled in all directions as she fights evil forces whilst discovering she has more magical powers herself and a secret hidden noble ranking of her own. Can she really trust the drop dead gorgeous Prince Dialle?

This is written in a fun upbeat style, I enjoyed the first half of the book, but felt the second half slipped into too many unbelievable miraculous situations for Astra to escape from. I also wanted to see less sentences beginning with overused phrases like "somehow, however and suddenly", which I know this author is capable of doing without.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bedeviled & Beguiled.

December 25, 2015 – Started Reading