bookaholic ge's Reviews > Hold Me Down

Hold Me Down by Jackie Ashenden

19482043

Leonidas “Blue” Delacroix has been biding his time until he can return to the Deacons of Bourbon Street. When his time finally comes he can't wait to get settled in with his brothers until... in walks Alice Day. Last he checked Alice was his best friend and confidant who was 100% loyal to the Deacons and him ...now unfortunately he finds that many things have changed during his absence.

Alice Day's life changed when Blue left and her father died. After months of waiting for Blue to return she gives up and does the only thing she could to survive. When Blue returns like a blast from the past Alice is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Can Blue convince Alice that the Deacons MC is where she belongs or will Alice show him the past should be left in the past and her loyalties have changed? Read and find out!

I received this book as an ARC from Net Galley for my honest review!

Jackie Ashenden as well as all the other authors involved in this series have done a great job. The great thing about multiple authors writing one series is that it keeps things fresh and interesting. Every book I read in this series somehow surpasses the other and becomes my favorite and this book does not fail to hit that mark!

Blue in all of the other books appears to be the enforcer and one of the most dedicated person to the MC outside of Ajax. What I love about this book is that you get a crystal clear look into his past as well as getting a chance to see the real him now. In this book Blue shows us his tough side as well as his softer more vulnerable side, which should somehow be confusing right?...WRONG! Jackie did a great job showing us all of his layers, peeling back the toughest of his exterior to the softest bluest levels he has all while keeping him macho and ready to die for his MC.

Alice on the other hand may have changed sides but she has not given up the fight. She still fights everyday to stay safe and tries not to cross any lines until Blue makes it impossible to stay impartial. She also gives the reader a softer pinker side but she doesn't make it easy for anyone to see that side.

Overall this book was really good. It made me laugh, gasp in shock by some of the decisions the characters make and cry when the most unlikely of hearts get broken. Very good book, very good series, I highly recommend it!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hold Me Down.

November 21, 2015 – Started Reading