Cathy Geha's Reviews > Edge of Obsession

Edge of Obsession by Megan Crane

21182032
Dec 24, 2015

Wow…this one had me on the edge of my seat and up into the wee hours of the morning. I could not put it down!

At first I thought “Mad Max” and then I thought nope…seafaring raiders…and then… I just kept reading and reading. When I finished and thought about it this morning I thought of the first books I read by John Wyndham and realized I have enjoyed reading about a world destroyed and trying to recover since I read the Wyndham Omnibus years ago.

This first book in a new series has everything I like to find in a novel and introduces potential main characters of future books in a way that I can makes me want to get my hands on them as soon as possible. The men of the Clan are HOT and the women they hang out with are, too. The main characters are strong individuals in their own right and their story intense and interesting.

Tyr and Helena are quite a couple! Tyr is the war chief for his clan of raiders. He is alpha to the max and oh so hot. He captures Helena on one of the raids and takes her back home with him. She has a secret mission and he needs to know what it is. The whole clan is unapologetically hedonistic and the complete opposite of what Helena has grown up believing as a compliant on the mainland.

This story is about trust, dispelling misconceptions, power – the abuse of it versus the wise use of it, family and oh so much more. I loved it!

Thank you to NetGalley and Saint Martin’s Press for the copy of this excellent book to read and review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Edge of Obsession.

Finished Reading