AC Squared Book Blog's Reviews > Progress

Progress by Amalie Silver

bookshelves: own

I have to start by saying I've never read anything before by Amalie, now I can't wait to read something else of hers. I really love point of view that progress from one to the next and do not overlap. The way she writes just pulls you in so much. You can't help but to feel the emotion. You feel the build, the let down, the anxiety. Your leg will be twitching right along with theirs. Amalie, please keep doing what your doing. It's such a gift to us readers! I'm so anxious after finishing. I didn't want it to end!

Charlies character is so dynamic, she reminds me much of myself. She seems so strong and so independent but really she's scared and timid. Her reaction to Jesse was so strong, but I was really happy to see that she was still able to stand her ground with him. She was so feisty.

Jesse, oh Jesse. He appears to be such the tough guy, but if he were just honest about his disease life would be so much easier. He doesn't know how to control his feelings and instead of just facing them head on he is an ass. One of my favorite things about him, is that other than his first thought of Charlie, her weight was never a factor for him. He didn't even noticed that Charlie had lost weight until Zach had said something. It was as if no matter what it didn't phase him. Charlie thinks that because she's larger he never wanted to be with her, but that wasn't true.

I can't wait for Inprogress to come out, this is definitely a story that needs to be continued. Amalie keeps you on your toes and wanting more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Progress.

December 23, 2015 – Started Reading