Irena's Reviews > The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald

This book should have come with the big note on its cover that says ''WARNING: SPOILERS INSIDE''.

You see, this book is a book written by a book lover for other booklovers.
And do you know what book lovers like to do? Talk about books. Discuss plot developmets. They often compare one story to another, wondering why the certain character chose one path over the other.

description

Our main character, Sara, is a true bookworm, so it is no wonder that this book is full of references to other books which often ends up spoilery.

When I say she is a bookworm, I mean she reads, lives and BREATHES books. You see, only a true book lover would know the difference between the smell of paperback and the one of hardback book.

description

The story follows Sara who came to a small town Broken Wheel, Iowa, to spend her summer with her pan pel friend who's a booklover herself.
Things get complicated when Amy, the woman Sara should have stayed with, ends up being death.
Town citizens decide it would only be fair for Sara to stay in Amy's house like she would have in the first place, because that is what Amy would have wanted.
Days pass and Sara opens a little bookstore in which she sells books that once belonged to Amy.

This book is originally written in Swedish and it is already a bestseller in many countries (Croatia included). Although I have read a copy translated into English, if I didn't know I was reading a translation, I wouldn't have guessed. That is how great the translation was.

What I liked about this book the most was the atmosphere in it. I really like everything about The Broken Wheel, it's rezidents and their lifestyle. I couldn't help but think about Hart of Dixie the TV show.

description

This book has everything you need in a book: it is fun, it has a great love story that takes time when it comes to love development, it has interesting side stories, diverse characters and important issues that were discussed in the story.

After finishing this book I understand why this book is an international bookseller. It deserves all the hype that's around it.
If you are a booklover, I am sure you will appreciate this story. I surely do.

description

Note: I got this book for free via Netgalley in an exchange for an honest review. Thank you Sourcebooks Landmark.

Before reading:

That awkward moment when you realize that the book you requested for a review (and got approved) is already sitting on your shelf in a bautiful paperback, only translated in Croatian... :/

description

I guess I'll read it in English then...

Read this and other reviews on my blog http://bookdustmagic.wordpress.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend.

December 23, 2015 – Shelved
December 23, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
January 4, 2016 – Started Reading
January 13, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Enjoy Irena

Irena Thanks Mad,
this book is great so far! :)

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Bolje na engleskom... :) Sretno!

Irena hvala! čitam ju na engleskom i iskreno ne mogu vjerovati da je u pitanju prijevod - toliko je dobar posao obavljen.
ili je to, ili je možda slučaj što mi engleski još uvijek nije baš najbolji, ali u svakom slučaju, ne živciram se kao što se znam nekada kada čitam hrvatske prijevode.

message 5: by Alp (new)

Alp Looking forward to your review! :)

message 6: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Angeli Love the review, Irena! :)

Irena Thanks Pearl! :)

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Terrific review, Irena! ;)

Irena Thank you so much, Arianna! :D

message 10: by NiCoLeTa E. (new)

NiCoLeTa E. Beautiful review, my dear!!! :D xox

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kyle Terrific review Irena <3

message 12: by Alp (new)

Alp Great review, Irena. xx

Irena NiCoLeTa E. wrote: "Beautiful review, my dear!!! :D xox"

Thank you sweetie! :) :*

Irena Jennifer wrote: "Terrific review Irena <3"

Thanks girl! ;) :*

Irena Alp wrote: "Great review, Irena. xx"

Thank you, dear! :) xx

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Super review, draga! Drago mi je da si uživala u knjizi :)

Irena Hvala! Bila je baš super za opuštanje. :)

message 18: by Karen (new)

Karen Great review Sweetie xx

Irena Thanks a lot, Karen! ;)

message 20: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura out of curiosity...can you recall which books they discuss and *spoil* in this book? :D I'm about to read this and I'd like to know when to skip those parts! hehe

Irena They spoil Jane Eyre, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I think even Bridget Jones.
Pride and Prejudice too, if I can remember correctly.
I'm not sure if there were more, but now when I think about it, the only novels spoiled were classics, and those modern novels were mentioned briefly so they wouldn't ruin your whole reading experience.
At least that's what I recall.

message 22: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Irena wrote: "They spoil Jane Eyre, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I think even Bridget Jones.
Pride and Prejudice too, if I can remember correctly.
I'm not sure if there were more, but now when I think ab..."

oh, thank you!! luckily I know all of those story-lines from reading the book already or movies - so I'll be safe :) phew!

Irena ooh, okay, it is good for you, then.
Enjoy reading this book! :)

Mkotch Your review would be great without the animation which I find extremely annoying. It distracts from what you have to say

Irena Mkotch wrote: "Your review would be great without the animation which I find extremely annoying. It distracts from what you have to say"

That's fine. Thank you for stating your opinion.
I do reviews without GIFs on my blog and on Amazon.

Hilary Tesh I don't regard the bits the author shared about the few books she mentioned as spoilers at all. If you don't know the meagre details she revealed, you're not really a book addict at all since they were all things you'd know either from the blurbs, the films or general knowledge! Who doesn't know that Elizabeth married Darcy?! In fact I was very disappointed that the book wasn't more bookish!

message 27: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa I'm at page 125 and thinking the same about "Hart of Dixie" - small town full of stories... :-)

Irena Lisa wrote: "I'm at page 125 and thinking the same about "Hart of Dixie" - small town full of stories... :-)"

Yes, it really has similar vibe!
Happy reading Lisa! :)