B.K. Rivers's Reviews > Catching Fox

Catching Fox by Aimee McNeil

Dec 22, 2015

Recommended for: Anyone 17+
Read from December 26 to 30, 2015 , read count: 2

Sex: Yes, although for a new adult novel, the sex scenes are pretty tame compared to some.

Language: Several F-Bombs, and other mild language.

Violence: Nope, though there is some yelling.

Drugs/Alcohol: There is drinking, and some drug use by the male main character, Fox.

Nudity: Yes, it's mentioned a couple times.

What I Loved: I loved the way Fox and Addie fell in love as children. I loved how the tension grew and grew until Addie and Fox exploded, pulling at my emotions. I loved how Addie helped Fox's father and the relationship that grew because of it. I loved how much Fox loved Addie.

Why 4 Stars? I'm a reader who enjoys reading flowing sentences, and I found the writing a little choppy - not that a little choppy is a bad thing, it's just not the reading style I love. I did also find the ending a little predictable, but was so glad it ended the way it did.

What I want more of: I can't say Catching Fox left me wanting. All the pieces were tied up neatly in a pretty little bow and the ending was just about how I would have wanted it.

Who Would Like This? I think Catching Fox would appeal to most anyone who reads NA books. There isn't one thing I can think of that would deter me from recommending this book. Your emotions are tugged, relationships are tested, relationships are healed and more than that, the characters truly grow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fox.

12/22/2015 marked as: read