Natalie ~ The Biblioholic's Reviews > Broken Desires

Broken Desires by Azure Boone

bookshelves: abusive-past, dual-pov, possessive

I wasn't completely wowed by the book or the series thus far but I'm a true sucker for a broken, tortured man. And Daniel definitely fits the bill. Hot, sexy, remarkably intelligent (he's a doctor), dominant, possessive, funny, etc. And I'm thinking he has some sociopathic tendencies. I'm not quite sure so I'm willing to see how the series plays out.

Sofia was pretty likeable. She's painted in a real "saintly" light. She's a caregiver for her grandmother. She's an aspiring baker in the memory of her dad. She's a giver. Plain and simple. And she had some pretty funny inner monologue moments (“Why did he have to be so goddamn fine? His hard on had really affected her whoremones.”) However, she did annoy me with how desperate she seemed for Daniel. She was practically begging for him to like her!! And some of his behaviour was quite unacceptable to me but she rolled with it while I rolled my damn eyes. Anyhow, kudos to her for sticking it through because it paid off.

I'm curious to know how Seth and Dara both play out in the books to come. So, here's to book 2. Cheers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken Desires.

Started Reading