Emily Selleck's Reviews > Odd Interlude

Odd Interlude by Dean Koontz

bookshelves: audio, horror

My traditional Christmas read! :D Okay, those of you who don't know me very well might think it's strange that a book series about a guy who sees dead people is my annual Christmas read, and to you I say "But what about a Christmas Carol?" and leave you to brood. To those of you who do know me... well, you know how I am ;P

This book was interesting as all the Odd Thomas books are interesting. As usual, I love Odd's self-deprecating humor and his kindness, and the monster was particular scary. I also loved that we got a chance to get away from the (in my opinion) overly large catastrophe of the last book, and focus on the impact of the previous events on Odd. He's growing (though he may not always be happy about it) and changing, and I love that about him. I'm excited to see where he goes, and hope that the stories take on a more personal note, rather than the overblown drama of Book 3.

The only criticism I really have is the narrator's voice acting for Anna Maria. It's so soft spoken that I almost couldn't understand what she was saying without turning the volume up full blast, only to be blown away a moment later by Odd's voice. It was quite distracting. I hope it's corrected in the next book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Odd Interlude.

December 21, 2015 – Shelved