Leila Anani's Reviews > AiON Volume 2

AiON Volume 2 by Yuna Kagesaki

F 50x66
Another interesting instalment - A couple of old school friends visit Tatsuya and the girl gets possessed by one of these aquatic parasites that tries to elevate her feelings of unrequited love and jealousy/hatred of Seine.

Why is it that people close to Tatsuya are so prone to parasites? Hmmm we certainly don't learn from this volume although the point is raised and hints at plot.

Two demons appear and claim to be Seine's guardians - she is not happy about their appearance!

Sadly this is the last readily available volume of this which sucks because it's proving to be really quite interesting. The artwork is cute and the characters are engaging but it is the unique mermaid/parasite/witch plot that I'd love to see more of. We do get the first sighting of a mermaid in this one, but it is only a glimpse.

Hurry up someone like Dark Horse and buy up the rights and republish this - It's got enough originality to make me want to continue reading as well as having the usual tropes - school girl heroine, fighting evil demons, romance with a lonely and clueless boy that it should appeal to genre fans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read AiON Volume 2.

December 20, 2015 – Started Reading