VegasGal's Reviews > History in Blue: 160 Years of Women Police, Sheriffs, Detectives, and State Troopers

History in Blue by Allan T. Duffin

Feb 11, 2011

bookshelves: read-2011
Read from February 11 to 18, 2011 — I own a copy

This book does a great job at presenting the historical information of women in law enforcement, and their many struggles (and accomplishments, too) which has been going on for hundreds of years, and still occurs in some aspects even 'til this current day. However, the stories and examples throughout the book became a bit dry and wordy so I found myself skimming over some parts just to get through them. Luckily the majority of the story kept me interested and eager to learn more so the "not so exciting" parts were minimal and did not have a completely negative effect on the entire book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read History in Blue.

message 1: by Eva (new) - added it

Eva Leger Awesome! I've been trying to find more books like this? How is it so far?
If you know of any others to recommend I'd love to hear about them!

VegasGal I enjoyed most of this book... I DO NOT recommend "A Paramedic's Story..." by Steven Grayson. I did however enjoy the "Angel of Death Row..." by Andrea Lyon, that one was good, both are on the lines of law enforcement/medical genres.