Emily May's Reviews > Murder on the Orient Express

Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

bookshelves: mystery-thriller, 2011

When all the other little girls wanted to be princesses - do you know what I wanted to be? And no, it wasn't a vampire, either... it was...

HERCULE POIROT'S SIDEKICK!!!

The fact that I actually took the time to edit my face into that picture should tell you something about a) my Poirot love, and b) the kind of hopelessly boring day I have suffered through :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder on the Orient Express.

February 10, 2011 – Shelved
May 12, 2011 – Started Reading
May 12, 2011 –
page 79
May 13, 2011 –
page 141
May 13, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)

Tatiana LOL. Poirot is my fave Christie sleuth too. Him and Hastings are one very dynamic duo.

Emily May Tatiana wrote: "LOL. Poirot is my fave Christie sleuth too. Him and Hastings are one very dynamic duo."

I actually had a freaky obsession with him as a kid. Everyone else my age watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles but I spent my afternoons staring adoringly at David Suchet :) I need help...

message 3: by Tatiana (last edited May 13, 2011 12:26PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tatiana Suchet does Poirot the best. I've seen a lot of his show, so I get it:)

message 4: by Manny (new)

Manny That's a scarily Marlene Dietrich look. Love it.

Emily May Thanks, it's what I was going for :)

message 6: by Willow (new)

Willow That's great!!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 03, 2014 01:28AM) (new)

This may sound creepy, since I am a stranger, but I'm following your reviews. I liked this review because you photo shopped your face into it, and that made me laugh. Well, today I found your review on Game of Thrones and the last picture made me laugh really hard. I kept looking at it and finally figured out why your face looked so familiar!

Anyways, sorry for the stalker vibe you might be receiving. I just need a good laugh and a good review on books I might be interested in every once in a while. Sorry again! :)

Emily May Haha! I need to stop posting my face all over GR :D I'm glad you liked my pictures, though.

Alida Arabelle this is great....I liked ure pic...and yeah.i would like to be poirots sidekick tooooo....

Emily May Thank you :D

message 12: by Joanna Marie (new)

Joanna Marie can this be read as standalone? :)

Emily May Yes! :)

message 14: by Joanna Marie (new)

Joanna Marie Great, thanks Emily! :)

message 15: by Jeri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeri Massi Emily, I wish that you could get your wish. Papa Poirot would teach you the science of the little gray cells in no time. I promise, if anybody is ever murdered while we are playing cards at my house, or if I find a body at the foot of my stairs, I shall make tea and call you at once

Jessie Funny

message 17: by Fab (new)

Fab I understand you! I read Poirot's adventures instead of playing with dolls!

message 18: by Ali (new)

Ali Best book ever :)

Phillipa Fleur Haha love this! Orient express is amazing. Such a surprising and utterly genius solution at the end

Gaston I'm about to start reading this classic and I was looking toward your review and your insight in the book, but this is even better. haha

Emily May Hehe, thanks :)

message 22: by Julia (new) - added it

Julia I saw this one is #10 would you recommend they be read in order or does it not matter?

Gaston Julia wrote: "I saw this one is #10 would you recommend they be read in order or does it not matter?"
Hey Julia, I read this one a month ago and it doesn't make any references to past books so I think you should be fine. Enjoy :)

message 24: by Emily May (last edited Mar 27, 2015 10:51AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emily May Yeah, I agree with Gaston. You can read this without having read any of the other books :)

message 25: by Julia (new) - added it

Julia Sweet thanks!

Tiffany Super funny!!

Zubaa Such a great book of Agatha and a masterpiece too.
Do you know I have read it twice, once in English and before that in Arabic.
A greaeaeaeaeaeat mystery book!!

Zubaa That was a brilliant idea, your pic with hercule , my second love.

Emily May Zubaa wrote: "That was a brilliant idea, your pic with hercule , my second love."

Thanks :D

Claire Horner That would be so cool.

Nicole As a fan of Poirot too, I really like your summary and can totaly understand your dream ;)

message 32: by Ankit (new) - added it

Ankit Saxena are all the hercule poirot series' books interconnected with other or have their own different stories?

Emily May They all have their own stories.

message 34: by Ankit (new) - added it

Ankit Saxena Thanks! Emily

Guguk Nice picture! (^,^)/

A Random Enthusiast I agree 100% !
I'm crazy about this book. One of the best I've ever read.

A Random Enthusiast Poirot is my idol.

message 38: by Rajan (new) - added it

Rajan nice review. well not a review per se but ur poirot love.

message 39: by JAsmine (new)

JAsmine There is a mention of (Hercule Poirot #10) behind the title . Is it a series?

George Jankovic This is cool lol

message 41: by Maximiliano (new) - added it

Maximiliano Masulli nice edit, got to love your dedication! going to read the book soon

Speranza Hahaha, Emily, this made my day. I love Poirot, too, and wish my head was there in the picture instead of Hastings's!

Soumya ~CrazyAngelicVamp~ ha ha ha Poirot's sidekick! I totally agree!

message 44: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby Chantelle haha that's nice

message 45: by India (new)

India Daram There is nothing like watching Poirot sleuthing on a cold winter's day while snuggling under a duvet or a warm summer day when the outside world beckons but Poirot's call is stronger!

Federica Maria I've just finished this book. Wow! I read the last 55 pages this morning and I'm shocked! I'd never expected the real identity (or, best, identities

Andrew Owoeye Funny review

GilliansCafe You look fine, but I have to wonder how Mrs. Japp is going to take it when she sees how her husband's likeness has been altered. Hmmmmm

Nabila Shaikh Love the picture! :D hahaha

message 50: by Luke (new)

Luke Hillman So, I flagged this review for spoilers because when I saw the big bold letters reading 'Mr Poirot's Sidekick', I thought you were revealing the killer of Mr. Ratchett....I really do apologize if it gets taken down.

« previous 1