Arlene's Reviews > Hard Bitten

Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill

Feb 10, 2011

bookshelves: dark-urban-fantasy, series, shifters-weres, vampires

** spoiler alert ** With all the house drama and intrigues (and with Celine still in the picture), Merit has her hands full. She has to act like she is on her own agenda without Eric's knowledge while the head vampire visits their territory. With her grandfather's help and the Red Guard, Merit solved the case. But these are not really that exciting. We've seen how Merit does her job as a sentinel. I find that this was nearly as action-packed as the previous books.
What made me gave it a 4-star was the ending. It just blew me away!! For those who haven't read this, you may have to stop reading now because I just need to rant about it below...

--------------------

OMG! what the hell just happened?? Eric's gone!! As in turned into ashes and swept by the wind and all that. I could not get over it. I was already depressed before reading, so I could not help my tears flowing when I realize that it's definitely happening. Eric's gone! Is he really dead? Why does Merit sees him in the dream and heard him still in her mind. What will happen to the Cadogan House? I have a really bad feeling that he is definitely gone. I would be amaze if the author will resurrect him after he turned into ashes and how it's gonna happened that will make it plausible.

I need to read the next book!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Bitten.

Quotes Arlene Liked

Chloe Neill
“You can run. You can keep running to the ends of the earth. But I won’t be far behind you.”

“Ethan—”

“No. I will never be far behind you.” He tipped up my chin so that I could do nothing else but look back into his eyes. “Do the things you need to do. Learn to be a vampire, to be a warrior, to be the soldier you are capable of being. But consider the possibility that I made a mistake I regret—and that I’ll continue to regret that mistake and try to convince you to give me another chance until the earth stops turning.”
Chloe Neill, Hard Bitten