Storm's Reviews > See How They Run

See How They Run by Ally Carter

bookshelves: read-in-2015

*4.5 stars* Why not 5?? I really did like this book, don't get me wrong. I just didn't feel like it was executed as well as All Fall Down. Grace was SO frustrating in this book! I know she had a traumatic past and everything, but she KEPT. DWELLING. ON. IT. Sure, I've never been in the situation she's been in, but it was aggravating for her to mention her past and her sorrows and her fears and her worries every three pages! I tried to relate to her, but failed. However, on the light side, I loved Alexei even more in this book! I felt like he went through a lot of character development, which I appreciated. As did Lila, come to think of it. I say she's the doppelganger of Macey from the Gallagher Girls. ;P I really missed the Noah/Rosie/Megan/Grace team that we had in All Fall Down, BUT, I love Jamie, so I guess that makes up for it. I really liked the mystery in this book and the different areas that were explored outside of Embassy Row. This book was definitely creepy. Just saying. And that plot twist at the end! Mind. Blown. I NEED THE THIRD BOOK!!! This was a really good book. I just wish Grace could forget about her past, that's all. I completely recommend this book, especially if you have read All Fall Down!

Language: None/Mild. One use each of "freaking" and "screwup."

Romance: Mild. A couple of kisses and a late night swim between a boy and girl.

Violence: Mild/Moderate. Stabbing, shooting, explosions, and some description of blood. Not bad.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read See How They Run.

December 19, 2015 – Shelved
December 19, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
December 26, 2015 – Started Reading
December 26, 2015 –
page 1
0.31% "Yes!!! I can now start this beauty of a book! Gah All Fall Down nearly killed me, so this better clear up the questions I have!!! ;)"
page 68
20.24% "Ew. Ew ew ew ew ew ew. EWWWWWW. Nooooooooooo my ship is sinking..."
page 69
20.54% "Oh wait never mind we're good. Turn off the alarms, we're back to normal. You go girl."
page 97
December 30, 2015 –
page 181
53.87% "The frustrating moment when you're frustrated about wandering around the house because you're frustrated at the frustrating character in this book. #frustrated"
December 31, 2015 –
page 239
73.99% "This is getting goooooooood!!!"
December 31, 2015 –