Christine's Reviews > Edge of Obsession

Edge of Obsession by Megan Crane

Dec 19, 2015

bookshelves: arc

An edgy, erotic dystopian story that read like a brutal collision between Fifty Shades of Grey and Mad Max. I absolutely loved the world-building: years ago, severe storms destroyed much of the United States and now the people scrabbling for survival are either "compliant" mainlanders or vicious raiders. After a brutal raid, raider war chief Tyr claims Helena, a "compliant girl" without realizing that she may be the key to finding his hated enemy, Kraljic. Helena, equally terrified and attracted to Tyr, struggles to keep her own secrets from him; secrets which might be the key to a new world or her death.

In the new world where strength means survival, women are treated as little more than property. Tyr is unapologetically and brutally sexual in his ownership of Helena:
My cock is a privilege, not an obligation to suffer through. You'll get it when you beg me for it not before. And not like one of your bullshit winter marriages. I'd rather stick my dick in an iceberg.

The final confrontation of Tyr and Kraljic over Helena is gritty action and suspense that really read like an action movie. I was rather disappointed that the story ended before Helena was able to do anything about her "mission" but that's sequel bait for ya. Looking forward to the rest of the raiders' stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Edge of Obsession.

Finished Reading