Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)'s Reviews > A Pirate for Christmas

A Pirate for Christmas by Anna Campbell

bookshelves: kindle-book, favorite-or-autobuy-author, redhead, spinster-old-maid, hero-in-pursuit, christmas, set-in-uk, regency, historical-romance, hero-i-liked
Recommended for: Anna Campbell fans, historical romance Christmas story readers

Another book I am mega-late reviewing. I finished this the first of January of this year, although I started it in December. I am huge fan of Anna Campbell, and while I found this enjoyable, it's not nearly as memorable as my favorites by her. It's a good Christmas novella, and it has her distinctive and well developed chemistry between the characters. The hero is a ginger, which is definitely a plus for me as I love gingers. He's also a bit of a bad boy, but a good-hearted sort. He's spent most of his life at sea, so he's adapting to being back on solid ground and being an earl. When he meets Bess, he knows she's the woman he's been waiting for, which was another thing I liked about him. He spends almost all of this story wooing her, which means going along with her holiday plans. This helps to get him rooted in the community since he never lived there, having grown up in Scotland. Rory definitely has the manly vibe going for him, and he's just a fundamentally good person. Sometimes you just got to be happy when you see that in a hero. I liked Bess. She was feisty and sweet. She was woman enough to handle Rory, and I liked how she responded to his flirting. She wasn't the type to just fall out of the hero, but gave him enough challenge to make the story interesting. The unfolding of the yearly Christmas Navitity play was fun, especially the spirited donkey who has a pivotal role.

In summary, this was an enjoyable short story to read for Christmas. I wish I had time to read it before Christmas. Hope I do better with that this year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Pirate for Christmas.

December 19, 2015 – Shelved
June 20, 2017 – Shelved as: regency
June 20, 2017 – Shelved as: historical-romance
June 20, 2017 – Shelved as: hero-i-liked
July 4, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully being an early?

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) AgentScully wrote: "being an early?"

He's an earl. Sorry for the typo.