Claudine's Reviews > Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior by Steven L. Hawk

2084329
Feb 09, 2011

Read from February 09 to 10, 2011 — I own a copy

I posted this on Amazon as well.

Peace Warrior is a fine first novel from Steven Hawk. There are some rough dialogue spots but I imagine that by the time the sequel is published, those will have diminished.

I enjoyed the story of Sgt First Class Grant Justice. He is a man out of his own time, a soldier revived from a 600 year period frozen on the bottom of a lake with a shattered body and patched up to help defeat the Minith, who have taken over the planet. The Minith are a violent race, killers without thought or conscience. They have subjugated the 60 billion human beings who have no knowledge of how to fight back. In the 600 years since Sgt Justice's death and revival, the human race has evolved to put war and aggression behind them, focusing instead on Peace. As a consequence, it was fairly easy for the Minith to force the planet's population into slavery. Grant Justice, with his extensive soldiering knowledge that the current generation of humans have forgotten, has a huge task ahead of him : recruit enough people, train them and then lead them in a race against time to rid the planet of the Minith.

There are elements of Battlefield Earth and especially the Psychlos in the Minith and how they have enslaved the human population and are strip mining the earth of everything valuable. There are also elements of Demolition Man where humans have no need for violence and violent criminals are put in prison except in this instance, the violent criminals.....well you will have to buy the book to find out what happens.

I look forward to the sequel.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peace Warrior.