Elizabeth's Reviews > Catching Fox

Dec 17, 2015

bookshelves: author-freebies
Read from December 17 to 18, 2015

3.5 Stars ~ Would recommend to a friend/Review copy provided by author

This is my second book by Aimee McNeil and I have to admit that I liked this one better. I don't know if it was the story or the author becoming a more seasoned story teller, but I really did enjoy this book more than the previous effort.

Six year old Adalynne befriends six year old Damon and a lifelong relationship develops. Their friendship is its own little world where they are Bee and Fox and the outside doesn't exist. Fast forward 12 years and Damon breaks her heart for the first time and walks out of her life. We follow Adalynne as she tries to make her way through the world and forget about her Fox. Life brings them together over and over just to have him push her away again.

There were times when the storytelling felt a little stiff, but overall I enjoyed Adalynne's story. It was refreshing to watch her blossom into a strong young woman who pushed against her boundaries to live the life she wanted. It was nice to see her invest in the people, projects, and relationships that were important to her.

Catching Fox is told from Adalynne's point of view and I would have enjoyed knowing more about Fox early on. His character was frustrating and I didn't understand Addie's connection with him until much later when a secret was revealed.

Overall, Catching Fox is worth the time to read. I am looking forward to see what the author has for us next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fox.

12/17/2015 marked as: read