Margaret's Reviews > Saving Hope

2043205
Dec 16, 2015

** spoiler alert ** Saving Hope

Book Description
When a teenager goes missing from the Beacon of Hope School, Texas Ranger Wyatt Sheridan and school director Kate Winslow are forced into a dangerous struggle against a human trafficking organization. But the battle brings dire consequences as Wyatt's daughter is terrorized and Kate is kidnapped.

Now it's personal, and Wyatt finds both his faith and investigative skills challenged as he fights to discover the mastermind behind the ring before evil destroys everyone he loves.

My Review
This is the first book in the Men of the Texas Rangers series and I thought it was fantastic! This thriller had just the right amount of suspense and danger to make it interesting. Kate runs a refuge for girls who had been victims of sexual abuse and exploitation. She helps the girls overcome their past by giving them a safe house and a way to reestablish their future. When one of the girls goes missing and is found dead, it seems like Beacon of Hope is under attack. The Texas Rangers become involved and that's when Kate meets Wyatt. While the focus is on recovering the missing girls, there's no question that sparks are flying between the two. When Wyatt's daughter is targeted, then it becomes more critical to find who is behind this sex trafficking ring. As the stories climaxes, it was hard to wait to read the next page!! Definitely recommending this as a great read!

One thing I thought was very important was the need to make sure our young girls know, everyone the meet is not always who they appear to be. Your guard must always be up and you must trust the instincts that God gave you! While this was fiction, the situation was very real and we hear about young girls going missing every day. I think it was smart of the author to weave that into the story. I would have loved to see information for young girls to reach out if they are in a dangerous situation.

From a Christian Perspective
This book was not written to be Christian Fiction. However, there were glimpses of an underlying faith. When Rose was locked in a dark room, she called out to God asking for his help. It was clear that she did not "know" Him, but that fact that she had heard of Him was a promising aspect. Even where there is doubt He is there. I hope to see the faith in the main characters grow as the series continue.

Love and Blessings!
Margaret

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving Hope.

December 16, 2015 – Started Reading
December 16, 2015 – Shelved
December 20, 2015 –
0.0% "I just finished Saving Hope: Men of the Texas Rangers Book 1 and gave it 5 stars."
December 20, 2015 – Finished Reading