Jennifer Thompson's Reviews > Fatal Exchange

Fatal Exchange by Cindy M. Hogan

This was another fast paced, action packed book in the Christy Spy Series. I had read Hotwire, so was anxious to read this one, as well. It certainly did not disappoint!

The main character in this book is a young woman by the name of Christy Hadden. She isn't just any young woman, though, she is a talented spy. She's been through a lot to get where she is today, and it has made her strong and tough. Still, she shows her youth with an impulsive nature, that tends to get her in a good bit of hot water every now and then.

I thought Christy's character had become a bit more sophisticated in this book. She seemed to be a more adult version, having grown, with more experiences behind her. At the same time, her personality was still intact, and she is just as strong-headed and determined as before.

The complexities in this book were amazing. Set in Paris, with a pickpocket ring central to the plot, there are oodles of familiar scenes, even if you've never been there before. The descriptive passages flow together so seamlessly, it felt to me like I was sitting in Paris, watching the whole scene unfold.

The details of the spy work are enough to keep it interesting, yet not enough to get boring. The action and suspense are what keep the story moving along. And it does move along. Christy and her team have a lot of advanced training, and that makes it all look so easy. Yet, they all encounter dangerous situations, that only their loyalty to one another can save them from.

Of course, there are still those romantic tensions, with the forbidden romance between Christy and her handler, Jeremy. They can't, they mustn't, they won't... or will they?

This was a good book, and fun to read!

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book in exchange for my impartial review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fatal Exchange.

December 16, 2015 – Started Reading