Jack Wallen's Reviews > I Zombie I

Feb 09, 2011

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: authored

KindleObsessed calls "I Zombie I" a MUST read! From her review:

Like I said before, zombies make fantastic targets for slightly off kilter humor, and no one (that I have ever read anyways) captured that essence quite like Jack Wallen. Opting for sarcasm over pure terror made this one of the funniest books I have read in a while, and in doing so, captured a (very highly coveted) place in my zombie hall of fame. No worries though… this book was NOT all about blood slushys and sound bombs, there WAS a deeper story intertwined, one of hope, love, and the recognization of loneliness, making this a well rounded and spectacularly written piece of literature.

Full review here.

I am the author of this book. I wanted to let everyone know this book will back back on sale very soon. My editor will begin the final polish this week. So keep your fingers crossed that in a week or two, I Zombie I, will be ready for your eyes!

Here is the description:

"The virus has spread."

In a moment of pure chaos, the majority of the Earth's population has become the walking dead. One man promises to help bring the truth to light.

"The lies have spread."

When journalist Jacob Plummer is infected, Jacob turns to the written word to not only ease the pain of change, but to bring to surface a truth far deeper and deadlier than anyone could have imagined.

"The truth must now be spread."

With some new friends, Jacob helps to fight off the growing undead horde in hopes of saving himself and the planet from the rot growing within.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Zombie I.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Dana * Mr. Wallen, I really am enjoying this story. However, it seems like there was a lack of editing on the book. There are numerous mis-spellings, but more importantly, the tense changes so often it is becoming a distraction. In one sentence, the tense changed three times. Again, I like the story, and will keep reading, and I am not judging the quality of the writing, just the editing, should have caught these things.

Jack Wallen Dana wrote: "Mr. Wallen, I really am enjoying this story. However, it seems like there was a lack of editing on the book. There are numerous mis-spellings, but more importantly, the tense changes so often it ..."
The book underwent a lot of revisions. And was just professionally edited. I would love to give you a free copy of the new version. If you are interested send me a PM here on Goodreads and I'll give you a Smashwords coupon for a free copy.