Cee (The Mistress Case)'s Reviews > Nobody's Baby But Mine

Nobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Dec 15, 2015

it was ok

If you think the picture above has no relations to the story, you're wrong. Dr. Jane Darlington was out to get Calvin Bonner's Lucky Charms and I mean, both his sperm and the cereal.

The "Cereal Killer" bit was funny, I'll give it that. I'm laughing right now just thinking about it.

However, Nobody's Baby But Mine just really bugs me. The supposedly-intelligent "Dumbington" was too stupid and her logic made no sense. "Boner" was too emotionally immature. And I lost my fucks to give by the end of the book. It was too long and could have been cut down by a considerable amount. I wasn't entertained much by what I read.

Granted, I'll be generous and offer 2 "It was okay" stars. I didn't like the book. I didn't hate it either.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nobody's Baby But Mine.

December 15, 2015 – Started Reading
December 15, 2015 – Shelved
December 15, 2015 –
page 6
1.6% "Unless Jodie was more hungover than she thought, Dr. Jane has been crying her geeky heart out.\n \n "
page 24
6.42% "YOU STUPID, STUPID GIRL. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU ACCEPT PILLS FROM SOMEONE WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE? YOU MIGHT AS WELL HAVE SHOT YOURSELF WITH A TRANQUILIZER.\n \n "
page 40
10.7% ""But the thing of it is, you're a little too old for me."\n "I'm sorry. I must have misunderstood. I assumed you were able to handle a grown woman."\n \n "
page 187
50.0% "Cal's parents, Jim and Amber though... I think I found my feelings again. They do exist.\n \n "
December 16, 2015 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Nidofito (new) - added it

Nidofito There's another book, from the Chicago Stars series I think, that is the most loved and recommended book written by Phillips. Too bad I can't remember the name, you might've enjoyed that one.

Cee (The Mistress Case) I'll check it out. I have some of her other books on my tbr.