Candice's Reviews > Always and Forever

Always and Forever by Alan Durant

bookshelves: picture-books
Recommended for: Young children who have lost a loved one or a pet, or are asking questions about death

I plucked this off the shelf because of the appealing picture on the front. Ellen loves foxes, and it shows a fox and some other animals hugging each other. Only after beginning to read it, did I realize it is about death. And I would recommend it to read to children who have lost a loved one or to children who are beginning to ask questions about death. I would also recommend that the parent read it first to see if it is compatible with their philosophy. The story is sweet, and the illustrations colorful and appealing. Fox, Mole, Hare and Otter live together and share the responsibilities of their household. When Fox becomes very ill and then dies, the other animals are grief-stricken. Then Squirrel visits and the animals begin to reminisce about their friend and realize that Fox is still alive in their hearts and their memories and will be there always and forever. While they are reminiscing about Fox, the illustrations show the animals talking and on the sidebars are pictures of Fox cooking, or weeding the garden, or doing other tasks. A lovely book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always and Forever.

Started Reading