Hollis 's Reviews > Dirty Talk

Dirty Talk by Megan Erickson

bookshelves: 2015-reads, ebook, contemporary, na, romance, sexytimes

DIRTY TALK was a different animal than DIRTY THOUGHTS but that's not a bad thing as it was both funnier and angstier. While I loved jokester Brent getting smacked upside the head with the love stick, and Ivy, who had been burned before, certainly deserved falling for a good guy, I felt the romance was a little rushed. The whole book actually felt a little short. Maybe it's on me, maybe I plowed through it, but I liked the build up of the first book a lot better than this one.

In my review of DIRTY THOUGHTS I had expressed hopes to see more of the hilarious ensemble of Paytons and crew and I definitely got my wish. More of the hilarious, but with hidden depths to her, Delilah. More Asher who is just adorable. And the gruffest, most terse, Payton of all, Jack (the dad) had a surprising and wonderful role to play in this story. We learned a lot about Alex, the new and only female mechanic, sister to Ivy, and that's clearly set up as well as introduced the themes and some of the players of book three -- which I can't wait to read. Davis, a volunteer firefighter who lost the use of his legs in a call, was also a delightful addition to the group. The interactions between him and Brent, involving Brent's dog Honeybear, had me in stitches. A definite highlight for me.

Can't wait to meet Alex's forever man!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dirty Talk.

December 14, 2015 – Started Reading
December 14, 2015 – Shelved
December 14, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-reads
December 14, 2015 – Shelved as: ebook
December 14, 2015 –
97.0% "Brent + Davis = bromance of the year. can't stop laughing."
December 14, 2015 –
page 97
30.31% "Brent + Davis = bromance of the year. can't stop laughing."
December 14, 2015 – Finished Reading