Robin's Reviews > New Order: A Decluttering Handbook for Creative Folks

New Order by Fay Wolf

This is perfect for those who have tried the "Konmari" method and found it a little silly or wanting. The strength of this is the section on "digital" clutter. She had many ideas that I will incorporate into my own digital files.

Update: December 28, 2015 - Today I purchased a couple of pretty blue plastic file boxes from Office Depot with the idea of taming the file monsters lurking in my closet. I like Wolf's idea of leaving off the tops so files are more easily accessed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Order.

December 14, 2015 – Shelved
Started Reading
December 28, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol I'm reading one of the Konmari books right at this moment. I don't think her method is going to work for me. I'll have to try this one.

How are you about books? When I retired I culled out about 500. Didn't seem like I had that many but those turned out to be a drop in the bucket.

Melissa The digital clutter section is the part I'm looking forward the most. Getting rid of books *runs screaming at the thought*. They're the only things in serious OCD order, lol, great review. Thank you. Just started reading it.

message 3: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Rehm I just picked up her "Life-changing magic..." book at the library today, and skimming through it, it does seem simplistic. Thanks for the Wolf suggestion,

Robin Carol wrote: "I'm reading one of the Konmari books right at this moment. I don't think her method is going to work for me. I'll have to try this one.

How are you about books? When I retired I culled out about ..."

Books and me is a complicated topic. I tend to get rid of books as soon as I read them and have only unread books on my shelves. I have a collection of mass market paperbacks for trailer travel (about 50) and about 100 other (trade pbks, hardbacks) on my regular shelves (these are hard to replace titles or not in e-book format). Then I have a collection of current ARCs that I weed through now and then. My husband has always hated piles of books around so I'm pretty careful in keeping the collection limited to one bookshelf unit. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I have 500 e-books on my Kindle, so I think I'm set for any disaster. :-)

Robin Betsy wrote: "I just picked up her "Life-changing magic..." book at the library today, and skimming through it, it does seem simplistic. Thanks for the Wolf suggestion,"

If it's still available, get Elaine St. James' SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE. I read it about 20 years ago and it's what started my road to not collecting so much stuff. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8...

Arleen I agree! The real value comes on the digital decluttering part.