Sybil aka Lala's Reviews > Say You're Mine

Say You're Mine by Diane Alberts

Dec 14, 2015

Steven and Lauren have been friends since either of them can remember. Through bad boyfriends, drunken nights and tours in Iraq the two have them have stayed fast in their friendship. They have never, not once, crossed the line that would take them from friends to lovers. But that would all change on one drunken night…

Steven is an ex-navy seal who is dealing with the invisible scars left by war. He drowns his fear and pain in copious amounts of alcohol and women. He’s hiding a secret pain from his past in war and as a result has a serious dislike of dishonesty.

Lauren has always been there for him. The one person who he could always depend on, the one person who has never lied to him. She is way too precious to him to allow their relationship to be broken by bringing sex into the equation, even he has been lusting after her for a while now.

Lauren, to me, was too perfect. She was the perfect woman with her tiny waist and large breasts. She was beautiful both inside and out and it caused me to view her as rather flat. I struggled to get my hooks in her because there was nothing bad about her, she didn’t make any mistakes. She was just the beautiful and good woman who would finally bring Steven to his knees.

But as I kept reading, even that couldn’t dampen my enjoyment of the book. Steven was an absolutely rocking character. He was sexy as sin and with his alpha way, the jealousy that peaked out at times, his filthy mouth and his absolute honesty. The things that came out of this man’s mouth, both dirty and just utterly romantic… GAH!

Even though I had a slow start getting into this story, after I finally got a grip on Lauren and she gained some lady balls and a bit of that Diane Alberts’ quirk I love so much, this was a fast paced read with a bit of yummy angst. The sexy times were incredible, mostly due to Steven’s filthy words and the tension that built between them as they both tried to deny themselves.

All in all a really enjoyable and fun little romance with a bit of angst and some heart felt emotion thrown in for good measure.

(ARC provided by author via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Say You're Mine.

Finished Reading
December 14, 2015 – Shelved

Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡ Another fabulous review sweetie!! :))xx

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ Awesome review, lovely!;)

Gi's Spot Reviews Lovely review, hun! ;)

Sybil aka Lala Gp wrote: "Lovely review, hun! ;)"

Arianna wrote: "Awesome review, lovely!;)"

Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡ wrote: "Another fabulous review sweetie!! :))xx"

Thanks you ladies xoxox