Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)'s Reviews > The Promise of Surrender

The Promise of Surrender by Liliana Hart

38520506

This is a well written and heartwarming second chance love story involving one current and one

former law enforcement officer finding their way back to each other after seven years apart and I really

enjoyed reading this! Mia has moved to a small mountain town in Montana and invested every dime she

had into opening up her very own pawn store in an attempt at a complete fresh start and so far it’s been

going extremely well for her, even if she is a little lonely. Things have been great right up to the point

that trouble walked through her front door in the form of an undercover operation and a highly

desirable object that everyone seems desperate to get their hands on, including her ex Zeke who’s a

sexy DEA undercover agent. Her and Zeke used to share something special, but unfortunate

circumstances drove the two apart. Even though the intense chemistry is definitely still very much

present, will this be enough to mend the hurt and pain that has carried through over the years? Mia is

angry and frustrated with the entire situation and doesn’t trust that Zeke’s intentions are untainted by

his duties to his job. Once I read Mia and Zeke’s story of what led up to the present I found myself really

hoping that they would finally be able to find a way to move past their pain and be able to figure out

how to be happy together. There were honestly several points throughout this story where I wasn’t

quite sure exactly how this would all play out for these two and while I may have been rooting for them

to make it work, I just wasn’t sure if they could. There are also very dangerous situations taking place

that have placed Mia’s life in danger and Zeke has made it very clear that he intends on sticking around

to keep her safe no matter what it takes. Mia is torn between her heart and her head and both have

conflicting thoughts on how she should handle this stubborn man returning into her life.

I loved the fact that Mia is a strong and independent female who doesn’t find it necessary to

make excuses to anyone for how she feels or for what comes out of her mouth. These are always my

favorite types of female characters and Mia represents this in spades. I also love the fact that she has a

purple streak in her hair, a whole sleeve tattoo running down her arm and a piercing to top it off. The

fact that she’s brave enough to proudly wear all of this and own and run a pawn store in an extremely

small town made me respect her all the more. The fact that the chemistry not only remains intact, but is

hotter than ever between Mia and Zeke is a clear indicator that they never stopped caring about each

other and I only wish it hadn’t taken seven long years for Zeke to come to his senses and seek Mia out. It

had me worried that the whole late is better than never belief might not hold true for this former

couple. The secondary characters really added to this story as well and after reading this I want nothing

more than to pack up my belongings and move to a nice small town where everyone cares for each

other and unites during times of difficulty. I have no way of knowing if this is how it really is in reality,

but it’s a nice thought all the same. This is definitely a great second chance love story and I highly

recommend this to anyone to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Promise of Surrender.

Finished Reading