Colleen Helme's Reviews > Charlotte Collins: A Continuation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice

Charlotte Collins by Jennifer Becton

Feb 08, 2011

Read from February 08 to 21, 2011

I was intrigued by the premise of this book as I have read Pride and Prejudice many times and own several movie versions. I enjoyed the continuation Charlotte's story, and found the writing and language to fit perfectly with that of Jane Austin. The beginning of the book was a little slow and took me awhile to get into, but about halfway through, things picked up. I never realized how easily a Lady's reputation could be sullied in that time period. Even the appearance of wrong-doing could create a scandal and ruin a woman's life. It is this society in which we find Charlotte Collins, a widow and the only means for her sister Lucy to find a suitable husband. Charlotte's practicality in marriage is challenged and she begins to realize that one can find true felicity in the marriage state. Is it possible for Charlotte to let down her guard enough to trust the right man? Or will this new venture into the unknown bring scandal and ruin? I recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of Jane Austin.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Charlotte Collins.